Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 11-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Well fellas the tape is going on him this saturday a.m. Can't wait to see what he scores with all that mass. Not much for tine length but gonna be real good as far as the mass goes......
Old 11-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds Good...

I'm out till late next week..time to pick up the bang stick for the PA Rifle season. We'll head to camp first thing tomorrow morning (Friday). Ya'll be careful and shoot straight and get us some bone!

Rob can't wait to read your updates upon my return, the rest of you guys.. DO SOMETHING! lol The BOB's are gonna kick back and drink a few cold ones.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Spike

Well, I cant believe its the end of November and I still have a buck tag. The weather in Ohio hasnt been exactly good for hunting. Our gun season starts Monday, but I drew a archery tag for a nature preserve thats NEVER been hunted. So I will be bowhunting in there starts Monday for two weeks, Im hoping all the deer run to this known "sanctuary" only to find me waiting with my bow. Monday and Tuesday should be great days.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:35 PM

We got back early Thursday morning, just in time so the crew didn't get in trouble with the families. I surrendered my one opportunity to a friend that hadn't ever shot a blacktail. Turns out that was the only one we had in bow range for the whole trip so I came up blank in the end. Sorry guys but it was worth it to see how excited he was to bag his first Sitka buck. Here's the pics:
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/robswanson/Hunting/Cape%20Kiwanda%2008/
We covered a hundred miles of coast and only got 3 bucks with rifles. That's pretty miserable for around here. Five years ago it would have been nothing to come back from a trip like that with 20 or more bucks. Over hunting and a couple harsh winters in a row have knocked the snot out of the deer herd over there. Good news is that there's still hope for me to post up yet. The boat's got a market for some flatfish so I may tag along on a trip to the south end and have them kick me off on the beach for a few days while they fish sometime over the next couple of weeks.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity you drew there medicsnoke. I hope you tip over a bruiser!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well Today is the re-opener for archery season here in MI. I am going into this season with 0 confidence, as the firearm season brought me a grand total of 5 deer sightings with each one of the deer being yearlings. I hate MI. I did find a funnel on some state land that has some fresh scrapes and heavy traffic but it is probably all nocturnal, but we will see....
Old 12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry i haven't been on here to much lately guys. Been very busy.

The last weekend before rifle started here my buddy andI found a good spot that had a huge 10 pt (20+ spread) and a few other bucks running around. All season we kept talking about this area but never checked it out. Our hope is that they are still there whenwe can get back in the woods in a few weekends. We still have at leasta month of archery left so there is still time.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Yep, not sure if I'll get back for deer or not before their racks start to drop. Any time after the first week of Dec. you've got to be real careful with them. You can shoot a monster B&C buck and by the time you find him, it's a doe! []

I got the DXT dialed out to 60 with fp's and grouping 4" at 50yds. with broadheads. It's going goat hunting this weekend! (Unless I'm back out on the boat for deer.)
Old 12-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys....there are deer moving....maybe just maybe I can get some bone this weekend.....you know what they say wish in one hand, ____ in the other....
Old 12-04-2008, 12:48 PM

Is Bob still doing the math for that buck or what?! I know 1/8ths are hard to add but it's been almost a week!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guys, man not a talkative group..huh? I go away for a week and my thread is still on this page. Well no luck with the rifle, saw a big one opening morning at like 7:08 am ghosting through some thick pines. Besides that saw some small spikes and 4 points..lot's of deer, little bone!

My buddy got a respectable 10 pt..it was a shooter in my book!

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.