Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 11-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Congrats Bob!!! Nice buck!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Hey guys,

Just got back from the 10 days of hunting in Wisconsin. Saw some amazing bucks and had an 8 point duck my string on the last morning I hunted. Darn thing dropped right when the arrow got there and the arrow went right over his back. Down hill shot from a 20 ft tree stand. If the shot would have been on the flat or uphill I'd have about 110 inches for out team.

The rut is kicking in hard and I'll be out Friday and Saturday here in Maryland so there is still hope.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

The number 1 reason, to stick to your pre-season limits no matter what else transpires in the course of the seaon! SO YOU HAVE A TAG!

I had to watch my dream buck tonight, just went out to try and score a doe for the freezer.

Roughly 150" of 10 point..and if that's not enough to make you cry..He had a droptine. I've never even seen a drop-tine on a live, wild deer!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:40 PM

Yep... sounds familiar from the one I tagged with a rifle when I should've been carryingmy bow. Maybe we should've been team "hard luck"? In any case, we can't complain too much as we sit down to a tasty dinner of grilled venison.

Couldn't get into the goats today. I almost fell off the mountain and decided it was best to turn around and come back down. The 2" of snow we got last night was turning wet andsticky when the sun hit it. It kept clogging up my crampons so I couldn't get a bite into the glaze ice that was under it. If you can imagine walking on snowballs on top of wet ice on the side of a 60+ degree slope in a 25 mph wind 1700' up you get the picture. I wonder how much speed you'd get up sliding down a 45-60 degree slope for 1000 feet?

I almost got a shot at some ptarmigan but passed on the 40 yarder with no backstop (call me a chicken but I have no idea where my flu-flu hits beyond 20 yards) and got busted by the flock of 20+ birds at 15 yards. Would've been a nice addition to the fox mount.

Got a bit excited about a bear I spotted on the way out until I saw the cub with her. Fall bears are so damn hard to judge. They all look huge because they're filled in and full coated. She was a big sow and the cub was just a tad bigger than an average black bear. In any case, cool to watch.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a full day Rob..As far as walking on snowballs........you lost me at, Crampons...Darn flat landers
Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang!! I didnt even know you scored, congrats on an awesome buck Bob!!
Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

Bob,

congrats on a fine buck. Bin there done that with seeing a dandy of buck after i shot a buck back in 1998 shot a small 8 point (first buck kill with a bow) then while hunting for meat for the freezer saw a whoooper no drop tine though.

congrats on both your kill and the sitting of a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 11-14-2008, 04:59 PM

Good luck this weekend guys! I'll be back after goats again in the morning.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck Bob......Sorry about the long hiatus fellas but been so busy trying to score a good one. Yesterday afternoon I had a great buck show up but he got downwind of me be4 he got into range. Probably a strong 150". Never had much luck in the afternoon but seems like that is the only time I can find to get out and hunt this year. Flew to Chicago this weekend for a birthday party so no hunting till monday afternoon. Well fellas keep up the good work and hopefully I will have one to post by the end of the week.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez guys I go outta town for 4 days...I expected some bone on the score card. Whats up with the big old Kodiak Bear ya'll were after Rob?

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.