Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Hi Bob
Old 10-21-2008, 01:05 PM

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Seems to be a vacuous echo in here. No thrilling encounters over the weekend?

One of the bears I was looking over for Saturday's opener got hit by a truck on Friday night. Totaled the truck but no signs of the bear or any blood. I hope they didn't scratch my rug!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys sorry about the lapse, been busy at work and with family stuff but have gotten out some and have also just acquired a new farm over the weekend...

Saw some deer on saturday including a nice 8 that would probably go 105 ish and a lot of deer moving after hours... Last night I was fortunate enough to stick this girl...

Old 10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

That a way Captain..Nice doe.

I work 1/2 a day tomorrow and off all next week. I'll be hitting the woods big time. I can't wait on you guys for-ever somebody better knock one down soon or i'll have to do it! [:-]
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been studying my a$$ off for a test I have to take to advance my career. Not fun at all. Last weekend I had a spike visit me a few times and decide to show off both sides at 20 yds for about 15 minutes. Too bad he wasn't his dad. There's a huge 8 running around where I was hunting and my brother saw him but out of range. Lots of yearlings running around there too. The guythat owns the land has been doing a great deal over the past 6-7 yrs for ducks and deer and it's really starting to show. Next year I think will be a good one there.

Tomorrow is my test so no hunting for me. Next Friday I'm off for 10 days of archery in Wisconsin. Should be a good time.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry guys I have not been around much over the last week. Work has been crazy hectic and my home life hasn't been too relaxing either. I have not gotten out at all this week but I hope to get out tomorrow morning before the rain hits.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 PM

Bear season starts tomorrow but I'm still not sure whether to try and furnish the house with a new rug or put in the effort to get off of the road system where I can hunt deer. Every rifle toting yahoo in town will be chasing after bruins (no separate bow/rifle seasons for brown bear) . The bigger dilemma is that goat season starts next weekend and any bear hunting will just be chance encounters after that so this weekend is my only time to really focus on full days of stalking bears (I can get out evenings after work for a couple hours next week to chase the 9 footer I've seen). Sucks to be me doesn't it?[8D]

Nice doe there Adam.

Now somebody PLEASE put the smack on some bone!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am going to try hard to look for bone now that I have some meat!! The bucks are really starting to cruise here lately so we will see sunday, mon or tues may be my day(s)!
Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

We seem to have lost 3 or 4 guys lately.....richard and corey made fairly regular appearances, where are you guys??? Yoo Hoo??????
Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 PM

Got a call from a friend of mine last night. This is a guy who's shot a 30 7/16" B&C bear that's probably #5 or 6 all time. Now he wants to get one with his bow. So anyway, last night he cut tracks on a bear as big or bigger. We went in this morning and not only cut tracks on this one but another just a bit smaller but still world record contender and then we cut tracks on Bearzilla! I mean this thing made us both stall out when we hit them! These things were bigger than your head! And all of these tracks are inmy friend'sfrom the evening before. Three huge brown bears working the same drainage with at least one potential world record and here we are makingour way into their dining room and bedroom in the dark with nothing but stick and string and his .454 revolver. One of us may pack a cannon in tomorrow to cover the other as we do some predator calling in the heavy cover. Nothing like ringing the dinner bell for 1500 lbs. of hungry bear and sitting there to see who shows up.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.