Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

ORIGINAL: lilbisshunter

Hey think i'm in your team. Sorry I have not signed in or w/E I have been really busy. So if you still kept me on ur team......
My name is Brittany Biss. I'm in the 12th grade. I am 17 and I live on a small farm in Lower Salem,Ohio where I plan to kill my big buck.
Hey Kodiak, you better kill a friggin reindeer the girl you replaced on this here rag-tag team,layed down a whopper!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

What? Where the heck did that come from? Holy smack!

What happened to her? I remember her posting the quote above but then nothing else. Based on your comment I take it Kodiak replaced her.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

She contacted the team after the deadline and was replaced. That deer would have really helped the team though.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

D'ya think Dave?

That is one heck of a nice buck.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh well!She shoots somehawgs!Weather has straigtened out here finally, looking forward to this weekend!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

2 more weekends and I'll be in Wisconsin. In the 80's here right now andI hate it.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Guys, the weather looks like it is going to be excellent for some serious pre-rut type activity tomorrow and Saturday in my neck of the woods. I am pulling out all of the early season stops...curiousity scent, doe decoy, etc... I am going to be heading up this evening to hang a stand for the next two days (morning spot) and I am also considering putting a pop-up blind in another location not too far from the latter stand. The area I hunt is exceptionally thick with low-lying vegetation (autumn olive) so the ground blind makes as much if not more sense than the treestand.

I will get you guys some pics of the area when I head out later.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: lilbisshunter

Hey think i'm in your team. Sorry I have not signed in or w/E I have been really busy. So if you still kept me on ur team......
My name is Brittany Biss. I'm in the 12th grade. I am 17 and I live on a small farm in Lower Salem,Ohio where I plan to kill my big buck.
Hey Kodiak, you better kill a friggin reindeer the girl you replaced on this here rag-tag team,layed down a whopper!

Boy did you guys get screwed!! I'd be lucky if I could kill a mosquito right now!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM

Well, we made it back on Friday. I had an opportunity and blew it. Three days of belly crawling in the tundra and dragging my bow through the brush took its toll. My peep got slid up and I overshot my bull at 33 yards by about an inch (may have used the 40 yd pin instead of 30 as well but not sure on that one). When I got home and shot one at 33 yards I noticed something was a little off with my sight picture and shot about 10" high but that's not enough to clear the back of a reindeer so my only theory is I used the wrong color pin since my 30 yd pin on the BowTech is red and the 40 yd. pin on the Hoyt is red. Lessons learned: #1: Serve the peep in permanently and mark its position on the string with a Sharpie so it can be field checked. #2: Make the pin colors in the same order between bows if you shoot more than one.

Here's the pics: that's Olympic bronze medalist Corey Cogdell and her worser half, my bear guide friend Cole Kramer (both rock chuckin' cheaters!). We had a great time and now I can concentrate on deer and goats.
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...08/Kodiak08-2/
Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm back too, no success, but plenty of deer movement in PA and they are a chasing. Had a real Nice Buck running 2 does up and down the creek, and grunting up a storm, quite a show!But couldn't get him inside of 71 yards!

Saw plenty of smallish bucks.

Gotta run..heading out now, just wanted to check in and see what was going on. Hopefully be on later tonight! Good Luck Fellas.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.