Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

You'd think that guy would be happier shooting a buck like that? he looks pissed off about it!!!

How's the foot doing?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, how about it Dave. Maybe he got really ticked off at it and just jumped out of the treestand on its back.

Hey, I am happy for the guy. I will probably never see that class of animal in the woods not to mention actually get a crack at one.

The foot isn't bad. Don't tell the doc but I gimped my way up the blind without any crutches. It wasn't bad I just had to take my time and watch where I stepped.

I am itchin' to get back out there but this afternoon is a no-go. Tomorrow at the earliest but probably Wednesday.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM

Yeah that deer is a monster. I'd be flippin' out if I even had a deer like that near my set-up.

I'm jealous of you guys that are getting out. I may hear about my next potential trip tonight. I'm hoping it comes together but it's a spendy trip and the other folks involved aren't exactly tycoons.

I spent part of the afternoon yesterday re-rigging my '06 Old Glory for a friend that says he's interested in archery. The thing has been a PITA to me since day 1 with a cracked limb and now the current limbs are misdrilled at the axles to the point they cause 3/4" of cam lean at full draw (Never been able to get fp's and broadheads within 4" of each other). BowTech won't do anything about it since there isn't a BowTech dealer here anymore, yada, yada, yada... Anyway I put the 30" draw modules, an old NAP QuickTune 2000 rest on it and found a half dozen A/C Kinetics to hook him up with. Wouldn't you know that in about a dozen shots I had it shooting bullet holes through paper and driving tacks out to 40 yds.! If it passes broadhead tuning tonight I'll be able to pass it off to him with clear conscience (without anymore work, since I wouldn't pass it off otherwise) and hopefully pay for half of my new DXT before it gets here later this week.

I'd rather be spending this time in the mountains but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. At the very least, bear season opens on the 25th and goats on the first, I'll be out every chance I can get after that.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas how is it going??? Crazy here in Iowa but things should get much calmer now. My brother-in-law got killed in a accident at work last Monday so been tending to my nieces and nephews. Hunting season has kicked off now and the deer movement is at a stand still. Hopefully soon they will decide to start moving around more... Well will check back sooner than last time later fellas.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow Bob, Sorry to hear that tragic news. You and your extended family will be in my prayers, thats awful! God Bless and give you all strength.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

On a brighter note. I'm 0 for 6, I did move a deer in the dark, once I got down and was packing up my stand. It stood away and blew and blew at me. I saw "movement" by moonlight. So I'm getting close .
Kodiak we haven't got desperate enough to unleash the "secret" weapon yet!
Tomorrow I'm headed to a new farm formy first hunt ever on it. Talking to the landowner we were watching 3 does in his back field. It's surrounded on 3 sides by public hunting grounds. I haven't even walked it or anything. He pointed me toward a corner that he says is the old apple grove. I liked the sound of that!
If theres a climbable tree in that area, thats where I'll be.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

KA,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Old Glory. I had that bow and thought it was an excellent shooter. Definitely longer and heavier than the bows I typically hunt with but very accurate from what I remember. I wish I would have known about your issues sooner as I could have looked into it for you.

Bob,

My condolensces. I am sincerely sorry to hear of your brother-in-law's passing.

Gr8,

I have had years like that. I feel fortunate now though that I saw as many deer as I did on opening day. I may try to get out this afternoon though tomorrow is looking much better.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 AM

Bob,
Sorry to hear of your family's tragic loss. Stay strong. There's nothing more healing than spending some quiet time in the outdoors.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bob,
Sorry to hear of your family's tragic loss. Stay strong. There's nothing more healing than spending some quiet time in the outdoors.
Isn't that the truth. I feel like a huge weight goes off my shoulders the second I step out of my truck door. I definitely consider hunting to be my biggest stress reducer.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Soory to hear of your loss iowabob.

Well guys hunting has been ok here, I passed on a 4 point last night. Looking forward to the corn coming off and the pre rut to kick in....

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.