Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Even GR8 has not been in here in a while. It's seems like 3 or 4 of us are here all the time out of 10 guys.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 AM

I'm still around, been popping in to see if anyone has killed from time to time. Just bought a new house on Fri so things have been crazy. Should be back out on stand again the rest of this week.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm around. I'm swamped at workour season came in Saturday,then I try and get out and hunt by the time I get home gotta spend some time with the family.

Got chased from the tree tonight by thunderstorms and rain! Just as prime-time was approaching![:@]

Monday didn't see any deer but the red fox chasing squirrels and chipmunks made for a fun evening and it was just nice to be back in a tree!

My first real quality hunt on a great property will be Friday and then the weekend.

I'm still with ya fear not, some weeks are busier than others. If it's talk on the net or Hunt..I'll be in a tree trying to earn us a few points! Hunt hard and have fun!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I'm around. I'm swamped at workour season came in Saturday,then I try and get out and hunt by the time I get home gotta spend some time with the family.

Got chased from the tree tonight by thunderstorms and rain! Just as prime-time was approaching![:@]

Monday didn't see any deer but the red fox chasing squirrels and chipmunks made for a fun evening and it was just nice to be back in a tree!

My first real quality hunt on a great property will be Friday and then the weekend.

I'm still with ya fear not, some weeks are busier than others. If it's talk on the net or Hunt..I'll be in a tree trying to earn us a few points! Hunt hard and have fun!
You are alive!! There is still alot of season, lets get some bucks on the ground boys!!!

(As I sit here on opening day - AT WORK[:@][:'(]!!) Sat Morning I have 100% intention of getting a doe.....then it is game on!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Frank,

That's great that you got out. I take it the surgery went well?
The foot surgery went fine. I know have a big, long piece of metal in foot to help the bone heal faster.

Seriously though I went for my follow-up visit on Monday and the doc said everything looks great. They upgraded me to just wearing a boot (and who is to say there is a difference between a medical boot and a hunting boot?) .

Frank, Shoot one that you have to get two friends to drag! Seriously though, don't over-do it.
Yeah, I wish...actually I do wish! Seriously, I have always had very impressive experiences from the blind I hope to hobble up to. Last year I had my highest count of deer in one day from that stand...26 in the morning and 31 in the afternoon! Including 7 or 8 different bucks. I think I posted about it in my journal from last year. I will have to check. Of course, that was during the rut but still, it is an excellent location.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 AM

My guide friend took clients out on a goat hunt so I won't hear back from him on our trip south until the 6th. Sounded like he was baulking a bit about the price of flying him and his girlfriend both so it may fall through if she can't foot her share. I'm doubting she can since she just came back from competing in Beijing and is trying to live and train at the Olympic Shooting Center while visiting family and friends in AK. I may make a "donation" to her shooting career to make it happen if need be. We'll see how things pan out. I've got other irons in the fire to get out as well including a trip on a commercial fishing boat during the rut. I'll be putting points on the board by December! In the meantime my poor McKenzie targets are getting a workout.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Frank,

That's great that you got out. I take it the surgery went well?
The foot surgery went fine. I know have a big, long piece of metal in foot to help the bone heal faster.

Seriously though I went for my follow-up visit on Monday and the doc said everything looks great. They upgraded me to just wearing a boot (and who is to say there is a difference between a medical boot and a hunting boot?) .

Frank, Shoot one that you have to get two friends to drag! Seriously though, don't over-do it.
Yeah, I wish...actually I do wish! Seriously, I have always had very impressive experiences from the blind I hope to hobble up to. Last year I had my highest count of deer in one day from that stand...26 in the morning and 31 in the afternoon! Including 7 or 8 different bucks. I think I posted about it in my journal from last year. I will have to check. Of course, that was during the rut but still, it is an excellent location.

Glad to hear things went well and to see you are optimistic!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'll be putting points on the board by December!
Now there is the positive attitude I like to see!

Truth be told it is the only thing keeping me from having a ruined season. I hunted on the ground alot more last year than I did in previous years but not being able to get up in a treestand for the first day is killing me.

Carpie,

I am trying. We will see how the first day goes.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I hunted on the ground alot more last year than I did in previous years but not being able to get up in a treestand for the first day is killing me.
I can just vaguely remember the last deer I killed from a tree. It's highly overrated in my book. I'm actually toying with the idea of a blind for mtn. goats this year. I could only get out one day last season due to atrocious weather (50 kt. winds) for the whole month. At least if I were in a blind I could hold the bow steady in those winds. I just don't recall seeing any blinds in snow camo.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

One more day of torture......

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.