Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

I guess I'm the oddball mountain shark since I can't remember the last time I was in a tree...
Old 09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pictures from your hunt. That's cool how dark the antlers are. I've seen some chocolate antlered whitetail and I'd love to get one.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 AM

Nice buck Kodiak.

Made it out for the first hunt of the season last night - activity was good. I had 3 does come in at 30 yards, a doe and fawn at 10 yards, and a small spike buck and a doe walk by at about 15 yards (but nowhere that I would have had a shooting lane even if he were bigger). Overall, a good evening. Got some pictures on a game cam of a couple nice bucks on a different area of the farm and we set up a ground blind there to hunt later in the season. My nephew sat in our "old faithful" treestand (I got my first P&Y out of there in 2005, and it's produced at least 1 buck every year for the past 5 years) and didn't spot a single deer within range.

Felt GREAT to be back out - and it's getting cold here (I could see my breath when I left my stand at about 8:45PM).

DU Banquet tonight - good chance for some $20 pieces of paper (I never win a DARN thing, but I still find a way to convince myself into buying tickets every year).
Old 09-09-2008, 10:09 AM

Good luck at the DU Banquet. I know how you feel. I make my annual donations at the NRA, RMEF (when there used to be a local chapter) and the SCI banquets. I think I've won one decent knife as a door prize in all the ones I've gone to. One of these years I'll get that double rifle at SCI and it'll all be worth it!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Carp o' the day for me...this is what I do before work a lot of mornings....

Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 AM

Nice days work but I hope you didn't eat that poor mercury laden minnow!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Hey, what's going on?! We almost dropped off the first page!
Old 09-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas checking in. Nice buck Kodiak love those chocolate antlers... Been trying to get the avatar loaded but not much success as of yet. I saw the 170"er I missed last year still hanging out in the same area as he was last year. Hope I get to him be4 anyone else does this year...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

bob, copy mine out and use it and it should work. I'm down to 5 days until I get to go out. Did some scouting last night and found some nice trails and a spring hidden in some thickets with a big set of tracks running through it. I may try to get in there next Monday and see what happens. I hunted close to the same place last year but never saw any movement except for jumping a huge buck the first day and I know nobody shot him last year.

The Thermacell did it's job in the 85 deg weather. We have a cold front swinging through and I really hope it drops into the 50's at night or even low 60's.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:04 PM

ThermaCell and 85* weather? Hunting? That just makes me want to take a nap. I can't function at anything over 70 degrees anymore. How I ever survived 2 years in Conway, SC I just don't understand. I hope you get him Dave!

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.