Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

Have you been out yet deadstick?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the link deadstick.

Since we had tornado and flash flood warnings today I was not able to get out and scout so I decided to go to Basspro and check out the Nikon's. I think the Pine Ridges I bought are comparable and for about 1/3 the price with the sale. I actually thought the 10X36's wereclearer than the X42's but that's just me.

I did find out that no matter who the manufacturer I can't get long enough eye relief to stop seeing the rings. I do not have double images just not a perfect circle when I look thorugh them. The guy at the shop said it could be an eye domination issue.

8 days from now I get to go sit in the woods and skip a day of work. Can't get here fast enough.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:05 AM

Haven't been out yet, but have been scouting like crazy (5 nights this week). My 1-year old and I were out last night again, I'm having a heck of a time finding a combination of a decent deer and landowner permission. Last night was pretty disheartening - the land I've been trying to get ahold of the owner to hunt (seriously have tried calling the guy 20 times - he doesn't have a darn answering machine so I'm not pestering him unless he's been home and has caller ID, but he's a farmer and it's Fall, so it's reasonable to assume he's never home) had an out of state pickup parked there last night - somebody was out there hunting. I can only assume that the guy didn't have permission, which made me think maybe I should have just gone out there.

North Dakota is a bit unique in this - all PRIVATE land is open to hunting in this state unless there is a sign explicitly stating no hunting (hard to believe I know, but it's true). Most of my friends will just go hunt an unposted field, but I hate to go setup a treestand on someone's land (plus, guys really appreciate it when you ask, even if it's not posted - AND, 75% of the time they'll let you post it which means you're now the only one with access).

What would you guys do in this situation?

So, I haven't found anywhere to hunt around here (at least anywhere that I've seen a good buck). So tomorrow night, I'm taking off work early, and heading out to the in-law's farm with my nephew to hunt my new stand where there's a pretty nice buck roaming around. He just bought a new double bull and is anxious to try it out, and I just want to get out (we've also got a couple cameras to check out there).

Old 09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kodiak should be posting up some pics here anytime!!
Old 09-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did he get something?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scouted a great area yesterday..In fact Idon't want to use the "L" word (lost) because I knew where I came out but the 4 mile hike back to the truck in the dark with no light was a bit miserable. But I found 4 Primo stand sights! Saw 22 deer 4 bucks one a dandy the others were younger 8's.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Did he get something?
I don't know yet, I am just optimistic....those hunts are typically fairly successful with high populations of deer in areas...I have been looking at going for a couple of years now, very interested in going after the sitkas...

plus he gets back tonight...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Scouted a great area yesterday..In fact Idon't want to use the "L" word (lost) because I knew where I came out but the 4 mile hike back to the truck in the dark with no light was a bit miserable. But I found 4 Primo stand sights! Saw 22 deer 4 bucks one a dandy the others were younger 8's.
Nice!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you see and get a nice one Bob. I'm heading out tomorrow after work to scout some swamp land that I hunted last year for the first time.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:35 AM

going out for the first time tonight. Still haven't found anything close to home, so I'm taking off early from work (we've got a cold front in here - it's in the 50s, down to the low 40s at night) and heading out to the in-law's farm and hunting the stand I hung up a couple of weeks ago.

I'll let you know how it goes (I'm pretty excited - doubt I'll shoot anything the first night out, but really excited just to go bowhunting!)

Here's where I'm going:

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.