Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 09-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tree Tunas (2) Thread

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Hey dudes ...... miss me?

I thought I would class up your thread with my avatar

I will pay dstubb the $ for a new avatar for you if you guys will switch your Charlie Tuna From Transylvania one[:'(] .....[:-]
We are merrily rolling along with our cool shark. At this point it has grown on me.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Hey dudes ...... miss me?

I thought I would class up your thread with my avatar

I will pay dstubb the $ for a new avatar for you if you guys will switch your Charlie Tuna From Transylvania one[:'(] .....[:-]
Charlie the Ass-Kicking deer slayingsummit packing Shark ..........man, get it right.....
Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dave,

They didn't say that I had to take them back to the store. I guess I should have been clearer in my original post. I asked them if I could take them back. I only live about 20 minutes from the Hamburg site....plus I can always check out the bargain cave to see if they have any great deals on more expensive models.

I will take a peek at the Pine Ridge series too and let you know.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tree Sharks (2) Thread

Thanks a lot. I'm still waiting for UPS to drop my pair off here at work so I can people watch out my window.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Frank,

I just got my binos and 10X may be too much except for when I'm hunting the Eastern Shore. I'll have to take them home and mess around with them this weekend to see.I gave myself a headache looking through them without adjusting at objects only 15 ft away.

The lenses seem clear and bright and such. They are ruggedly built and everything comes into focus nice. The eye pieces are either the whole way out or the whole way in and only the right eye diopter is adjustable. however, it seems to adjust well and snap into focus. I'll have to go to the site you sent me to look at some of the things that I'm supposed to look for that should not be right. They are not Nikons but may be good enough for $109 to my door. I'll definitely have to think about the 8x's though.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Bino Guys..I just got a Text from Buckeye, he has a brand new pair of 10X42 Nikon Monarchs for sale $275, I got a aet last Christmas they are awesome you could probably jew him down a bit and have him throw in shipping too!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

It depnds how selective you like to be, if you need to study a racks finer details 10x42's are the ticket. At first I was worried about the 10 power many said I'd regret it if I opted for the 8X so I went with the 10's, the are a piece of cake both in the bush and elsewhere to get on your target fast and really zoom in!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to see how the Cabela's are this weekend. I played around with them a little after work and the only issue I may have is not being able to get the single view.

I've had this problem in the past with almost every pair of binoculars I've tried and I'm not sure if it's my eyes or what the issue is. Would I need Extended eye relieve models or something? I noticed that the further I screw the cups out the better it gets.

I maay go look at the Monarchs this weekend in 10X42 and see how they are. I think the smaller models I tried worked perfectly for my eyes.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:59 AM

Pretty handy thing on Cabela's web site of comparing like products (get to it by selecting a product such as a pair of binoculars, then selecting "compare").

I was hoping there'd be a column for eye relief.

I used this while picking out a new spotting scope over the last couple weeks. I was pretty set on buying it at Cabelas since they sent out those "spend $500, get a $150 gift card" things, otherwise the biggest downside is not being able to compare to models Cabelas doesn't carry.

I've been happy with my big Nikon binoculars, and have used the Monarch ATB 10x42s. One of my hunting buddies has the Zeiss in the same size, and I personally thought they were comparable for about 1/5 the price.

Good luck
Old 09-06-2008, 11:00 AM

Here's a link for you for ease:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/compchart/comp-chart.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/product/display-hyperlinks-moreinfo.jsp_A&_DAV=false&backLink=/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp%3F_DARGS%3D/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A%26_DAV%3DMainCatcat602006-cat601549%26id%3D0028364711529a%26navCount%3D1%26p odId%3D0028364%26parentId%3Dcat601549%26masterpath id%3D%26navAction%3Dpush%26catalogCode%3DQX%26rid% 3D%26parentType%3Dindex%26indexId%3Dcat601549%26ha sJS%3Dtrue%26cmCat%3Dcchart_binocs&chartName=b inocs&filterName=current&backTitle=Nikon+M onarch%26%23174%3B++ATB+Binoculars&hasJS=true

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.