Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 08-27-2008, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

I e-mailed elkslayer and asked him for his expertise so we will have to wait and see. He is pretty fast at them so maybe today he will have something for us.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks iowabob!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adam,

I hate to say this but I think we need to cut loose our 10th person who has not responded and tell Rob we need another person. It's been 1 week and multiple PM's have been sent to her.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dave,

Someone else had asked Rob this question and Rob said he would let us know when he's ready to replace no-shows! I am keeping watch!! There are a couple captains left to be selected and they we will have our cap-i-tans "meeting", so I assume that will be crunch time!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Roger on that. I think last year he did send a PM or a post for the captains asking about no shows. You are keeping the ship heading in the right direction. I've been thinking about the deer that everyone on our team has said that they are seeing and hope to harvest and this teem well be the sleeper.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dave,

I am pumped this year for the first time in a long time....I used to be a very successful bowhunterfrom 12 til 20ish years old transitioned every year to shooting older bucks....then college got busy, got married had kids, wife had clinical for 2 deer seasons 4 hours away, had about 6 moves, mom and dad got divorced lost my hunt club and primary bowhunting spot when the parents house was sold.....NOW in 2008 I am settled down, got a private farm again, a new bow and I am back in the saddle....I may not shoot the biggest buck but I am definitely planning on sticking my tag on a 2.5 yo +, god willing, the deer are there that is for sure, I am shooting well..I have 2 stands hung and 5 spots set for my climber!!!

So we will see!! Besided what I personally have going, it sounds like a promising year for this team!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I ran into the same problems with college, moving toMaryland,and then my current job.I used to have some spots in PA were there are some nice bucks. Unfortunately, my relatives son took over the property after his death and only lets his friends hunt there.

For the 1st 6 yrs or so I had to put my time in to impress the boss and climb the ladder. Last year was my first year back after a too long lay off. i have a nice place to hunt close by and some private land down on the Eastern Shore. I'm already planning my hunts between the Baltimore area and the Eastern Shore. I like to duck hunt too and am trying to schedule Saturday morning duck with afternoon archery and then Sunday archery. Last yearI jumped a big buck heading out of my stand that I know is still there that is over 120" for sure.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see we have been edited to become the Tree Sharks whether we like it or not!!!

FYI - lilbisshunter will most likely be replaced...PM has been sent to Rob.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 AM

I like the tree sharks name thats pretty slick.

When does everyones season start?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

October 1

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.