Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 08-22-2008, 06:50 AM

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Hello everyone, guess I'm a bit late. My name is Richard and I live in NE North Dakota, about an hour south of Canada, and a just a few miles from Minnesota. I grew up on a farm west of here about 70 miles and married a farmgirl, and up until the last couple years I did all of my hunting on those family farms (grain, soybeans, corn, sunflowers - about 6,000 acres, the farms aresomewhat largehere). With the price of gas, I've shifted towards hunting closer to home during bow season the last couple years. This is my 2nd year in the contest, and I enjoyed it last year.

I have 2 young children (4 and 1), am an engineer, and spend a lot of time in the outdoors. Bowhunting is my favorite, followed by field waterfowl, ice fishing, upland hunting, firearms deer hunting, and then everything else.

I have a blog where I keep my online hunting journal, which you can find at www.ndoutdoorsman.blogspot.com.

I've been out scouting around 3 nights/week for the last 6 weeks, and have found 3-4 quality bucks, but haven't been able to get on the land I need to in order to hunt them, so in a way, I'm not reallyready for this season yet. By this time last year, I'd been watching my 2007 bow harvest for 2 weeks and had him patterned very well (I took him the 2nd day of the season).

North Dakota has a very early bow opener (1 week from today), although I don't know if I'll get out or not yet for the opener. Glad to meet everyone, and let's have a good time this year.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:07 AM

My setup isa Mathews Switchback XT at 63 pounds, Easton Axis 340s, Muzzy fixed blade broadheads, and I use a whisker biscuit and standard 3-pin fiber sites.

Here's pics of me and my 2006 and 2007archery bucks:

Old 08-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Bartender

IOWABOB great looking team you got here buddy. Of course I will be dropping in and harrassing again this season as of course it will be my 2nd home.
GR8 yeah sharks then I can have the mods move you over to the bowfishing forum.[8D]
ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Well iowabob checking in and saying hello to my teammates. From Western Iowa have lots of ground to hunt but not enough time to get everything I need to do done most of the time. 5th year in the contest and have seen alot of guys kill some real monsters. Good luck fellas and lets "get er done"
Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Richard,

Welcome to the team. What kind of engineer are you? I'm an electrical that works on traction power systems for railroads.

Carp,

I think we need to list each person's name after their handle on the opening post.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: peakrut

IOWABOB great looking team you got here buddy. Of course I will be dropping in and harrassing again this season as of course it will be my 2nd home.
GR8 yeah sharks then I can have the mods move you over to the bowfishing forum.[8D]
ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Watch it cheesehead!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

Carp,

I think we need to list each person's name after their handle on the opening post.

DONE!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Richard!!! Looks like we have a bit in common! I am also an engineer. I work as a Tooling/Process Engineer for a Automotive Die Casting Supplier. Our hobbies are about the same with exception that I fish Steelies and Salmon with a passion. Glad to have you aboard and you have taken some awesome bucks!!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I vote Adam for Captain.

Here are the team names we have so far:

Tree Sharks - original and sounds cool
Ticket Punchers
Cardiac Unit
Put'em Down

If i missed one please continue and add.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM

Thanks guys, lots of nerds in here. I'm also an electrical engineer that works on control systems for a utility. I previously worked in computer hardware for a semiconductor company for a short stint when I lived in TX back 6-7 years ago, prior to coming back home to ND.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I vote Adam for Captain.

Here are the team names we have so far:

Tree Sharks - original and sounds cool
Ticket Punchers
Cardiac Unit
Put'em Down

If i missed one please continue and add.
The team names are sounding good, we need a majority...

I do not mind the Captain position as long as no one else wants to do it.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.