Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Bob,

Were you sitting at your PC waiting for the sign-up to start this year? #1?

Rob is the man. He does an awesome job getting the teams together as well as running the Contest.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Welcome IowaBob..Glad to have you aboard. It is a lot of fun to interact with the other Team-mates hunting so many differnt areas.

I was out tonight getting some of my yearly permissions and landed a new farm that has at least one monster on! Seen him the other night. The owner says there are plenty more, but I'll have some company on this piece as I don't have sole permission..but thats ok..I'll go where the others won't!

Now we need get some of these others checked in...I'll PM them!

Way to go on getting more ground if nothing else you will confuse yourself on where to hunt!!!

Thanks for the pm action!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave I have a pair of the Nikon(old model say 8-10 yrs old) of the roof prism 8x40 Monarchs and they are absolutely awesome...I do carry a pair of their travelites sometimes instead to travel light...
Old 08-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The cool thing about the place in Wisconsin is that my buddy's uncle and dad have a bunch of stands set-up all over the place and are letting me choose one. If I want to move they have portables. I'm usually good at picking a good spot just bad luck when it comes time for the kill. The trail cam pictures I've seen have my mouth watering. Of course, I need to get one in range or it really doesn't matter.

In MD I have 2stand sitesthat I plan on hunting by my house and a 2-3 on the Eastern Shore. Last year I was hunting new area and jumped around too much instead of giving 1 area enough time. If I would have just trusted my stand choices I would have been ok.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you are going to have plenty of tree time to make it happen!! I would love to travel across the pond and hunt wisconsin, just wish it was a better year with the economy!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome IowaBob..Glad to have you aboard. It is a lot of fun to interact with the other Team-mates hunting so many differnt areas.

I was out tonight getting some of my yearly permissions and landed a new farm that has at least one monster on! Seen him the other night. The owner says there are plenty more, but I'll have some company on this piece as I don't have sole permission..but thats ok..I'll go where the others won't!

Now we need get some of these others checked in...I'll PM them!

Hey Bob any sign of the Piebald buck? Had the camara out?

My wife took this picture tonight while pcking beans from the garden. Gotta love Kodak.

Second place my azz.......

Old 08-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

No sign of him yet Jim, But I secured that farm again tonight! I know he wasn't a local it was Rut and thats a main Point A to Point B travel route. I think I know where he comes from and it's a lot of nasty ground.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

No sign of him yet Jim, But I secured that farm again tonight! I know he wasn't a local it was Rut and thats a main Point A to Point B travel route. I think I know where he comes from and it's a lot of nasty ground.
Just remember to make room in your pack for your camara. Didn't you buy a camara mount for in the tree stand?

I need to get something,just don't know what to get.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I carry that baby everywhere..Took some photos of a doe and her triplets Tuesday in some beans. Yes I have a camera arm for the video camera it would work well with the new camera too. I bought the Pine Ridge it's a nice set-up the ratchet lock needed some modifications to be quieter. But a nice rig!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave, Welcome in..being first is kind of a tradition. Rob signs me in, this year was a surprise. But if you followed my saga (and Robs) last year I blew out my achilles (total tear) and wasn't sure if i'd be online when signups started, so when he made the post he put me first. Of course about that same time he blew his achilles out too.. This year I was shocked to see I was signed up. But it was cool!

As for Binos, like you I was wanting to finally buy a good pair. I asked and the over-whelming reponse was Nikon Monarchs ATB10x42. I got them for Christmas last year and I can't wait to start the season with these babys.

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.