Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2) >

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Community

Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

So what is everyone's setup???

I am shooting a 70# Diamond Black Ice (New the end of July)with 6075 Terminator Selects. Thinking of trying Rage 2 blades this year or ST's...haven't been able to decide!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where's our team!!????
Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well iowabob checking in and saying hello to my teammates. From Western Iowa have lots of ground to hunt but not enough time to get everything I need to do done most of the time. 5th year in the contest and have seen alot of guys kill some real monsters. Good luck fellas and lets "get er done"
Old 08-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

iowabob! Long time no see. Get in here once and a while brother! Good luck on this season.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iowabob85

Well iowabob checking in and saying hello to my teammates. From Western Iowa have lots of ground to hunt but not enough time to get everything I need to do done most of the time. 5th year in the contest and have seen alot of guys kill some real monsters. Good luck fellas and lets "get er done"
Nice to see you on here iowabob!!! Western Iowa is a good "add" to the team!! Hopefully we can get some Iowa Giant logged into this!!! Make sure to stop by often!
Old 08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to see a few more huys get checked in and then we can decide who is captain...

iowabob, have any goo team name ideas???
Old 08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about "THE DEUCE" looks kinda dumb now that I look at it[8D]!!! Been in this silly contest for 5 years now and have made alot of good friends here and hope to make at least nine more this year. We are gonna have fun that is no doubt and hope everyone stays safe while doing it....
Old 08-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome IowaBob..Glad to have you aboard. It is a lot of fun to interact with the other Team-mates hunting so many differnt areas.

I was out tonight getting some of my yearly permissions and landed a new farm that has at least one monster on! Seen him the other night. The owner says there are plenty more, but I'll have some company on this piece as I don't have sole permission..but thats ok..I'll go where the others won't!

Now we need get some of these others checked in...I'll PM them!

Old 08-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK I PM'd the rest of the Guys, they should be popping in and we can get this party started!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Howdy to all. I've been checking the forum every day for the teams to be posted and the one day this week I don't he gets them started.

By my handle you can all guess I'm Dave. I'll be hunting in the Baltimore Area of Maryland as well as the Eastern Shore and will make my first trek to a buddy's place in Wisconsin to hunt private land. I've seen GR8atta2d before in some of the threads but I'm not familiar with the rest of you guys.

I was team captain last year and am not sure if I would like to throw my hat in the ring. At times it was difficult to get guys to check in and some rarely even tried to be part. Rest assured I'll be in here as often as possible. My season starts Sept 15 here and will be in Wisconsin Oct 30.

I hope that all of you are having a great summer and have been getting prepped for this year.

So, I'll start off with a question. I've decided to purchase a pair of good binoculars this year. In the past I've been using a pair of Tasco 8X21's and think they lack the light gathering ability and field of view I'd like. I went today and looked at Bushnell, Simmons and Nikon 8X36, 10X36, 8X42 & 10X42. What do you guys use and what would you recommend? To me the Nikon seemed hands down better but I always appreciate other people's opinions.

Thanks and hello again.

Dave

Quick Reply: Official Team Tree Sharks Thread (2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.