Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 11-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Nothing to report, just wanted to make my 'mates look!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:17 PM

Well, I just returned home. I saw a 80ish inch 8 point yesterday morning, and shot this doe this morning. Only 2 deer I saw all weekend. But, it sure feels good to get the first one of the year out of the way.

I also thought I would share a few pictures from today. I'm hunting in the Missouri Ozarks, and it's absolutely beautiful down there!

This lake is fed by an underground stream that comes out below this rock bluff. I've never in my life seen anything as clear as this is. It's 15-20 feet deep, and only looks about 5 feet.....It's just so clear.

There's nothing but speculation as to why this cross is here. I have no idea, but I thought it made a good picture anyway.

This is just some fall colors on the far side of this lake. We missed the peak by a couple days. If I could have been there Wednesday, it would surely have been amazing. And it's not bad now.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM

went out yesterday am and drew on two little dinker bucks for practise, but didnt shoot. that was all i saw. got the next 4 weeks off so i should hammer something. waiting on 130 class or bigger
Old 11-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good job Mo. I made the decission to arrow one tomorrow after passing on a few early on because of hot weatherif one presents itself.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don - That cross is PT's way of saying he was already there! Maybe it's just to remind people who go out there who provided the scenery? Still, a great view.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 AM

Good shooting Don congrats. It is nice to get that first one under your belt. Very cool.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe Mo..congrats man.

Well all i seen were a few does this weekned, and now with the time change my eve hunts on the week days will be limited but im going to hit her hard the next 2 weekends comming uphere before the orange army hits the woods on nov 15.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:37 AM

Well gang, this is my last day of work for 12 days. I start vacation tomorrow!! I'm heading to Cabelas this evening to get some good rain gear, lined with Scent Lok. And I'm in the process of buying a new truck so I don't think I'll get to hunt tomorrow. But I will go Thursday, then thursday evening we are headed to the farm for a week. I have no phone and no internet service there, but if I manage to connect I'll contact Coop somehow and he can keep ya'll updated.

The seeking phase of the rut should really be kicking into high gear by this weekend, and next week the chase should be on. I'm excited, and will be sitting dark to dark until I connect. Enjoy it guys, this is what it's all about. Good luck to allof ya's.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

The weather turned balmy as useual [:@]for the rutbut I did see deer and arrowed a doe. Got tired of passing on them. Saw a few shooters and rub and scrapes are appearing everywhere. DaveH saw a nice 8 point make two rubs and he even got 2 shots at him and hit limbs both times. Started raining today and will continue tomorrow and into Thursday morning. I will be butching this deer tonight or tomorrow so I will return to the woods Thursday for the rest of the week.
Coming out of the woods yesterday and crossing the powerline I spotted6-8 ravens, vultures, whatever you want to call them sitting on one of the power linetowers. When I enterd thewoods on the other side a bunch more swooped up to the tower. I said hummmmmmm, must be a dead dear or something so I went to investagate. Sure enough, I found the deer, a nice 8 pointer with a broken off aluminum arrow in it's side. It was a fairly fresh kill as Sunday hunting was allowed this weekend though it could have . I removed the head to remove the antlers out of respect to the animal. What a shame[:@]. Here's a pic of it, wish I could have made the kill myself.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Come on fellas, what are you waiting on? Get out there and kill them suckers. In the past two weeks i have been trying to fill a doe tag and have only seen bucks, it's the weirdest thing and the most frustrating. I'm about to break down and purchase a Indiana tag. I regret filling my buck tag so early, damn it![:@]

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.