Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

two weeks off coming October 27th. ill try to hit them hard, usually have pretty good luck
Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last night and at first had two small raccoons playing under the stand. Pretty soon, a doe with 3 fawns came out. It's the first time I've seen a doe with triplets. Twins are common here, but triplets? All three were still very small. It was really cool (temperature) and I thought it was going to be my night. I was wrong! Nothing else came by. It got dark and that doe and her little ones were still under the stand. After 30 minutes, I couldn't see them anymore but I could here them munching on acorns. I was cold by then, so I blew through the wheeze part of my buck call. I heard them run off and then got out of the stand. By the time I got back to the house, my fingers were numb. I looked at the thermometer and it was 38 degrees out. This morning, there was frost everywhere. It was pretty thick on the windshields. I wonder if they'll start hitting the turnips now?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 AM

Yep. After a frost the turnips and brassica should start getting pounded. Depending on the acorn situation.....
Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i woke up this morning with a hell of a cold or sinus infection, i can barley drive, my eyesdont want tostay open,my vison is blury, eyes are watering like a facet and nose is running like crazy inever had it this bad before. i hope it clears up a little by tommorrow so i can get out and hunt thru the weekend i hate to wine but this just plane sucks. every year about this time i catch some kind of bug[:@]
Old 10-16-2008, 02:00 PM

Man finner.....Sorry to hear that. Tis the season I guess. Hope you get feeling better bro.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finner man that SUCKS. You better get to a doc and get yourself well. The rut is just around the corner. My Mom always told me that once you get a sinus infection you will continue to get them every year about the same time. I never quiet believed it. Maybe that is what is happening to you. Best of luck anyway getting thru this.

Hey AF we get triplets here once in a while. 3 years ago my Dad went out to the property and watched 2 does with 6 fawns running around in the middle of June. He was kicking himself because he did not have a camera. I myself have not seen it.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

We havent even had a frost yet which is unusual for us.

Well im feeling a little better this afternoon, i think its just a cold i usually always get colds that involve the runny nose watery eyes symtoms and not so muchthe coughing.The weird thing isthis woke me up this morning at about 2:30 and i could barely open my eyes or keep them open and i had this burning feeling, ive never got had these symtoms before so i dunno. I think ill go see the doc tommorrow if i dont feel much better in the AM. Its going to take alot for me not to go hunting and im not letting a this cold stand in my way. thanks guys.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

That cold front you guys are experiency is due here tomorrow. I got Fri and Sat to hunt, temps about 60 for highs and 44 for a low. Got a feeling about this weekend.
Got no tag for Iowa[]. The floor isn't going to be hard, you can do it AF.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I told y'all this week was going to be my best chance before the rut and I was right! Got into the stand at whatever time I texted Don and sat down. After a bit a doe, BB, and fawn came out behind me. While they browsed on the meadows edge, 2 more does and a fawn came out in front of me. Then a group of nine more slickheads came out from my right. The young'uns broke into the meadow first and then the adults joined them no more than 25 yards out in front of me. After a short while, I heard a blow way down to my left. Then a deeper blow. They blew back and forth for a few times and then came into sight. There was a itty bitty 4 pointer and a little 6 pointer. They came running into the midst of the does and all the slickheads scattered into the woods. Then a really deep grunt came from the left. I looked between the limbs waiting to see what grunted. He came into view out in the middle of the meadow. I glassed him and he was a wide 8 pointer. His rack extended past his ears at least 6" on each side. I pulled out the range finder and kept it on him. 103 yards, 87 yards, 75 yards in he came. No hurry, just walking and browsing the whole way. At 67 yards, he jacked his head upright and looked off to his left a little. I thought "Is there an even bigger buck coming in?" I glassed in the direction he was looking and didn't see anything. The other two bucks both blew in unison and bolted in opposite directions. The 8 pointer turned and blasted back the same direction he came from. "What the heck?", I thought. I watched the spot big boy was looking before he took off and into the meadow came a coyote. He walked out and began marking territory by scraping the gound with his paws and urinating. If I would have had a shot at him, I would have nailed that low life son of a (insert explicative here). I thought why the heck would that mature buck run from one coyote. Then the other three trotted into the field next to the first. They kind of scanned the area and then trotted off in the same direction the smallest buck went. After a second, the little 4 pointer bolted out of the woods and back across the meadow. I sat there until dark without seeing anything else.[:@]
Old 10-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Tough but exciting hunt there AF. Glad we haven't hada coyote problem, just foxes and they don't present a problem, as a matter of fact they clean up the gut piles.
Headed out now for two days of hunting, hope to have a good report tomorrow night.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.