Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 12-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Good luck find him coop. You are probably out there taking pictures with him right now.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I (meaning my wife who is not colorblind) tracked last night until dark. Went out this morning and picked up the trail again. He crossed over to where I don't have permission to hunt, so I went and asked for permission to go locate him. Owner said ok as long as you aren't armed. Went in and jumped him up. He stood 20 yards from me for a couple of minutes before taking off. My shot from yesterday blew through his right shoulder and out his chest. I followed him back to where I can hunt, marked the spot and went back to the truck 1 mile away and got my gun. Picked up the trail again and we crossed the big creek on the property 5 times and all throughout the 250 acres of woods. Saw plenty of other bucks too. Never got close enough for a clear shot though. Then at 4:15, he crossed the creek AGAIN! He isn't bleeding anymore when he's running, but every time he lays down he'll leave a basketball size pool on the ground. Best I can figure, we've played follow the leader for about 15 miles up and down ravines and through some of the roughest country I have ever traversed. I have had enough. I made an honest effort to bring him home and came up empty handed.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Bartender

Brotha wait over night and head out one more time tomorrow as he is bleeding when he lays down.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great effort AF but like peak said give it another shot in the morning. Best of luck to you in locating him and best of luck with the interview also.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

AF- Bummer on the deer valiant effortmade to recover. It has been a disappointing season as far as seeing deer both in Pa/NY. Friday was an exception to the rest of the season , I passed on a small 5 ptand a HUGE 4 pt (not legal in Pa)but seen them and 9 other deer. I wish I was able to get on line more though out the season but between the two kids,tech difficulties (unable to get on line) and trying to make time to get out on stand. It has been a hectic season.

I wish all a Happy Holiday season
Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

AF - Sorry to hear you have not found him yet. Do give it a try this morning. Best of luck to you.

Mr. October - I understand about not getting on here. I pretty much never get on from home. Too many family things and trying to actually get out hunting. All my time on here is during the week from work. I use it as a get my mind off of things for a few minutes every so often.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

6 hours and 30 minutes later, nothing. Not even seeing him. By 11:00 AM it was warm enough that the snow is melting everywhere and I lost his trail. So I covered the previous paths he used. Saw a ton of slickheads but didn't see that bugger anywhere. I am so irked and tired! On the brighter side, lost 14.8 pounds tracking this buck since Wednesday.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry you lost him
Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Due to circumstance beyond my control, I have to suspend internet services. If I get my buck before the season ends, I'll let Mobow know. Good luck to you all and God Bless.

Coop
Old 12-13-2008, 06:46 PM

Man coop.......Sorry I haven't checked in for a while to see of your fortune.....I've been so incredibly busy at work I come home and just pretty much crash out. Sure am sorry for your run of luck man, as I've told you before I think it's complete horse sh**.......Sorry you have to let your internet go for a while. I've been there man. I'll keep in touch though man, I enjoy talking to you.

Well, I was GOING to come on here and cry about wrecking my 3 week old truck into the side of yet another deer this afternoon, but after reading about Coop here, I think I'll just leave quietly.

I'm gonna keep praying for ya my friend, I just don't know what else to do.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.