Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Yep it has been very quiet here.

I am looking to try this Saturday and see how it goes. We are supposed to have about 3 inches of snow where I hunt with another 3 coming today. If nothing else I can see where some of the travel routes are.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Well its rifle season here with the "Orange Army" running all over the place. I may be getting back out there this saturday to see if I can fill my last remaining doe tag. Hopefully i can get one to stand still for long enough to get a bow shot off. Those guys who have not gotten buck yet. stick with it guys. I know we can hang right in there and get some more bone on the ground.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today was the opening of shotgun season so bow season is closed until the 22nd. I went out with my cousin and saw a really nice 8 point break out of another timber after some shotgun blasts. It ran up on a pond dam 300 yards away and stood there for an hour. Then he laid down right there on top where he could see all around him. Then at 10:00 I walked up on a hilltop and saw Ole Grandpa take off at 100 yards through some real thick cover. By the time I reached the spot I last saw him, he was no where in sight. I looked at his tracks and that bugger was circling around to get behind me. I worked my way back the way I had come in and watched him walk by the new stand (which now had no one in it). My cousin, who is 64 years old, drove the truck back to the top of the hill and then I walked out. I popped up 4 does but did not have a shot. In the afternoon, we walked my property and didn't even see any tracks in the snow. Going out again tomorrow to try and fill my bang bang tag and then will take time off until bow season opens back up. Have another job interview Monday. Pay isn't good, but some is better than none.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey AF good luck with the job interview. Really sucks you are still having all these problems with the Air Force.

Nothing for me this past Saturday. Weather was real cold. Plenty of tracks in all the snow but nothing at all seen in the daylight. At night when I was heading home I could see some deer in the fields. Pretty normal to what I have found in the past. Not sure when I will get out again. We got 6-12 inches of snow coming in tonight thru Wednesday morn. Have some family Christmas things over the next couple of weekends too. If the weather is good enough I will get out and try a day or 2 right after Christmas and into New Years. That will be about it for me. So don't count me out but I am not expecting much. Can't believe how fast the prime season went once it got here.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:57 AM

Good luck on the job brother......I've been praying for ya.

Well gang, I made my last trip to the farm this past weekend. I hunted hard and didn't see a single deer. I've got a new spot I'm going to this Saturday, so I'm not giving up that's for sure....
Old 12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck Mo. I'm going out either next Mon or Tue. Thats duringa one week reprieve between the gunners and the muzzle loaders.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys sorry it's been a while since I have checked in and seen what's going on. just hitting the woods here and there trying to catch one of these late season warriors!!! Other than that just started back into college courses so that and the kids pretty much take up all of my time!! Hope the rest of you can have some good luck and hopefully we can throw a couple more points up on the board before the end of the season
Old 12-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a buck yesterday, looked for it until we lost all light. Going back out today to pick up the trail where we (wife & I) left off last night.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Bartender

Good Luck Mark you will find him buddy
Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 AM

Get out there and find him Coop. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya. Maybe ever sacrifice a live chicken to bring us luck. LOL[8D]

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.