Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Well guys I will be checking this until noon my time and then OFF WE GO. Heading back out today and will be hunting Saturday - Tuesday morning. Will be doing a couple of all day sits in there Sunday and Monday if the weather is right. Seeing all these bucks entered has me just going crazy to get one myself. Good luck everyone and I will post sometime Wednesday on how I did.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have fun, stay safe, and drop one!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Pretty damn windy here today. I got pitched around like a rag doll this morning. I'm still undecided whether to go or not this evening......It's the right time of the year though. I saw....0 deer this morning.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still undecided whether to go or not this evening......It's the right time of the year though.
GO!!! Nows the time to be in the woods and you will not kill a buck sitting at home. Bring one home for Team19.

Good Luck Mo!
Old 11-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I got it done this morning. First congrats on the yote mo, good job. Got a dandy little 8 point with a broken tine this morning at 7:15. He was by himself and just browsing along. It was wet and very quite this morning, had me wondering what I was doing out there as I was starting to get a little burned out. Anyway I had just checked all around me and checked to my right once again and he was right there at 18 yards perfectly broadside right in the spot I need one to stop. I immediately got up and reached for the bow although I could have shot him sitting down. He caught me but it was too late. I actually thought I had missed as it happened so quick and the arrow mad that unmistakanly load thwack as if hitting a limb. His reaction didn't immediately help me with my confidence of making a hit. He took off with his tail down which to me was good but he stopped 20-25 yards away and stood there. I saw no blood but then he took off again and stopped at 40 yards and started to sway back and forth so I then and only then knew this was the real deal. He dropped and trashed around once or twice and got buried in a thorn thicket. I couldn't see him with binoculars even though he was only 40 yards out but I didn't see or hearhim get upagain. I called DaveH on the radio and told him what happened and was going to get down. I went to the POI and found the arrow sticking in the ground. A clean pass throughboosted my confidence even more and slowly went looking for him. I found no blood but headed right to where I suspected he lay. I saw him there but didn't know if he was dead as his head was up and he seemed to be looking at me. I slowly inched forward with arrow ready but it wasn't needed. He was done.The loud twack was the broadhead passing through the far shoulder on exit. These Shuttle broadheadsjust simply amaze me. I spined a deer 2 years with them at 40 yards and had a pass through and now a pass through on the opposite shoulder and stuck in the ground.He has his G3 on the rightbroken off but not down to the main beam, about 1&5/8 in left. I let Dave continue to hunt and went and removed my stand and started the drag. After leapfrogging the stand and deer Dave came to my rescue to help finish the hard work. I scored him at 102&4/8 but this was the 1st deer I have ever scored and don't know if it's right So guys what do I do now as far as getting him entered. This is also my 1st contest. Here he is:

Old 11-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, that is a stud! Congrats to you my friend, way to get it done. Now you need to go to the official score card thread and enter you measurements and score along with a picture of you, the deer and your bow all together. Did you use a scoring calculator like the one on the Boone and Crockett website? The buck i entered was also my first measurement that i have ever taken. Again good job, and congrats to you!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

YOU DA MAN!!!!! Sweet buck!
Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

btw, it looks bigger than a 102, but I'm old and can't see straight.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

It is bigger. I just saw where you don't take off deductions. So add anothe 6&7/8 to that score which would make it 109&3/8.
Thanks all and will go and try to enter it now.

Did you use a scoring calculator like the one on the Boone and Crockett website?
No. Would that help?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the calculator in excel if you have that on your computer

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.