Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Welcome Matt home for all of us and relay our gratitude for his service. Have a great and safe time.

Coop
Will do. Thank you for all you did (and are doing dealing with the retirement crap)and best of luck with Grandpa.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 AM

Just a Bump for us good guys, we cant be all the way back on page 2 [8D]
Old 10-29-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad someone else did the work of getting us back on page 1! I now have a cold from yesterday. Speaking of which, all I saw close to me yesterday was about 200 bluebirds, a ton of red winged blackbirds, and the biggest 'possum I have ever seen. I did see a basket rack and two does come out of the cornfield about 500 yards off and head away from me, but at that distance, they don't count.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:14 PM

Ok ya'll......it's time to put on our game faces. It's starting to pick up here......I'm seeing bucks in the middle of the day, and the deer/vehicle collisions have really increased the last couple of days. This is it fellas! This is the time of the year we all wait for! We dream about it. We pray about it. We bust our asse s all year preaparing for it. We save vacation days, just to use them all right now. We shoot hundreds, if not thousands, of arrows. Tweak our gear, scour over maps.....Stock up on the essentials....Wash our gear, practice sound scent control. We spend our hard earned money. Spend time with the family in the off season, only to make us not being home right now bearable. We bust our tails doing house work, yard work....

And gentlemen, it's ALL in preparation for the next 2-3 weeks. Every ounce of sweat, blood.....and maybe even some tears. It all comes down to this. THIS is OUR time! THIS is when dreams come true! THIS....................is the whitetail rut. LET'S BRING IT HOME!!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:43 PM

WTF Page 2 again. I guess everyones out there chasing them wiley Bucks. Git er DONE fellas!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

Ok i got the score adjusted and it is now at 49 6/8. Thanks for noticing wihunter.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

2 weeks vacation starts today at noon. Will be hitting the woods hard. Will be home every 2nd evening and back out the next morning till I put a few down.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:56 AM

Good luck Rickmur.......and hey......enjoy that vacation brother!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Hello all I hope your seeing more then I am. I had so many hopes I had great trail photos all summer. I saw one deer inthe last 24 hrs on stand and it was smaller then my puppy. No hunting in Pa on Sunday so I am off tomorrow. Back to the treestand on Monday. An uneventful day on stand is better then any day at work. There is always something interesting that could happen even in the quiet woods.

Good Luck lets get some more numbers on the board !!!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

My trip to the woods produced a doe, not mine, my partner DaveH(from team 6I think) arrowed his 2nd doe of the year, a 90 lb'er.I had at least a half dozen from 20 yrds to 45 yrds from me but no shots. I think they were all does, couldn't really tell. The one at 20 yrds eyeballed me and it became the usualpeek a boogame but she never made me out, just became cautious and after several minutes of the gamechanged direction touphill instead ofstraight on towards me as her original travel route would have gone and all the trailing deer followed. Scouted another tree to set up in Monday morning40 yrdscloser inthe direction they came from but have a lot of clearingof vines up high.Where the does are the bucks will soon be. Lots of rubs, no scrapes yet.Couldn't get it all done as we had to getDave's deer out, he had shot it 3 hours ago by this time and it was already in the high 60's.So I'll have totake extra time in getting set up Monday morning .So that's it till next week.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.