Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

I'll get him measured today.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Typical Buck

The rules say that you have 10 days from the date of kill to post your score and picture. It's only been a few days, but none the less i'll get it scored today.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for checking. I was going to but have not yet. I don't want us to have anything DQ'd because of something like that. Again congrats. Looking forward to seeing America's Team in the score thread. I hope to be adding to that over the next couple of weeks.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool pics Dustin, that rage sure opened him up good. I think next year im going to switch to the rages, ive always been a fixed blade man (muzzys)but after seeing some of the posts this year and pics of what they do im pretty impressed with them.

That sure is fat buck, looks like some big feet on him too, i wonder how old he is. he has a rack likea 1 1/2 year old but a body like a 3 year old.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

That sure is fat buck, looks like some big feet on him too, i wonder how old he is. he has a rack like a 1 1/2 year old but a body like a 3 year old.
Me and my father in law both agree that he looks to be about 3 1/2 years old.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

I think next year im going to switch to the rages
This is the third deer that i have shot with the Rage 2B. The first two passed through giving me a huge blood trail. This one didn't create an exit wound but i was lucky to still have a nice blood trail. My father in law shot a buck last week with the same head and he didn't get an exit wound either, he also didn't have but a few droplets of blood to follow. Both of our shots were rib shots, we didn't hit the shoulder plate or anything real big for that matter. I am starting to wonder if they are really as good as they are hyped to be. Me and him both shoot a 63lb. draw weight if that helps.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dstubb

I think next year im going to switch to the rages
This is the third deer that i have shot with the Rage 2B. The first two passed through giving me a huge blood trail. This one didn't create an exit wound but i was lucky to still have a nice blood trail. My father in law shot a buck last week with the same head and he didn't get an exit wound either, he also didn't have but a few droplets of blood to follow. Both of our shots were rib shots, we didn't hit the shoulder plate or anything real big for that matter. I am starting to wonder if they are really as good as they are hyped to be. Me and him both shoot a 63lb. draw weight if that helps.
Braodheads are a funny thing. I shot 2 deer with the Wac 'em's and double lunged each one. The damage was NOT what I was hoping for. The blood trail was ok but both deer went over 150 yards. Yes I recoved both but WOW. So I went to slick tricks. My first deer last went great but I nailed a doe later and never got her. All I could see was the front half and she bleed pretty good. Not the heads fault as I never found out where I hit her. It was during out early gun hunt and a gun hunter shot her when she crossed the fence. I didn't want to go over because I did not know the person.

So this year I switched to the Grim Reapers which Matt has been using for 4 years. As I have mentioned he has 9 deer with them and pretty sure all but one has fallen in sight. Nothing has travelled more than 100 yards and the holes are amazing. He hit a 2 1/2 year old buck 3 years ago using a 72 pound xTec with arrow weight of close to 430 grains and passed thru the shoulder blade. To get a pass thru at 20 yards in the shoulder blade was pretty cool. I told him NOT to take that shot anymore because it is not a high percentage shot but it is hard to argue with him about it.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Stubb good job man way to get us on the board and get things started I guess it is now time for the rest of us to play catch up!!!

I shoot the Rage 3 blades and they are monsters!!! A couple of the guys that I hunt with have never seen them before but as soon as they seen the damage they put on a deer they have all now switched to them!!!

hoping to get out on sunday so we will see if that pans out for us
Old 10-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I had Ole Grandpa coming to me tonight when he was at 59 yards the light failed quick and it started pouring down rain. He turned around and headed back to the safety of the woods, I stayed in the stand another 5 minutes getting soaked before getting down.[:@] But, I know he's not only around, but now parading around my property and I'll be back in that stand as the wind permits to punch us up to the top of the boards!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, i just scored him at 45 6/8. I used the calculator on the Boone and Crockett website. I feel confident that this score is very accurate. Am i supposed to send this score over to the scoring thread or is that the captains duty?

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.