Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 09-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Here is the cabin we stay in. It is 12x28. Not insulated at all. It was a kit we got from Menards. We do have a gas furnace and central air because it is out in the open and damn it would be hot in the summer.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the main area in the cabin. There are doors on both ends. This is the oppisite end from the picture above. That little room on the right is the electric toilet that Matt named "Old Sparky" from The Green Mile. Oh and the pictures on that beam are the deer we shot out there in the first 4 years. We just keep adding them all around.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last one. This is the sleeping area. We do have a TV with DVD player and VCR but no TV channels. So we keep a lot of hunting videos there with some movies for nights or bad weather.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys that is it. I just didn't feel like working here for a bit so I thought I would share some pictures of my favorite place to get away. It was getting WAY to quiet here. Don't think I like stealth mode.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wihunter402 you suck! All I have to go to when the weather is bad is my home! I'd give my eye teeth for a cabin like that in the back of the property. Looks a lot roomier than the doghouse I stay in when the wifey is torqued!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I went and checked the trail cams today. The one on the new stand has pic's of two deer and the one in the southeast corner of my property hasn't taken a pic in over a week. So this evening, I'm going to the stand that looks over the buck forage oats and turnips armed with a digital camera and camcorder to see what I can see. The last two nights, the neighbor's property has been hopping and I want to see where the deer are going when they leave the sanctuary on the west side of Lake Serenity (the big pond behind the house). I need to personally see a big buck and get it recorded. If you don't hear from me by morning, auction off my stuff!
Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry AF didn't mean to upset you. I guess you always want what you ain't got. I would love to have my home on a piece of property like you have. Being there every day to observe the deer would be the cat's meow. Then I wouldn't have to travel 70 miles each way to go hunting. Also I would love to have a shower located on the property to be able to "de-stink" ourselves as we always say. You have a pretty damn nice setup with that many acres to hunt. That and no CWD.[:'(]

Sorry to hear the cameras are not working. I would guess it is more likely a camera problem then no deer. I can be wrong as I have been many times before. Get some pics tonight and post them up tomorrow but DON'T be busted by the big guy out there.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 PM

Ok, I am back fully operational! Finally.

I went out this evening, and I'll tell ya......That was absolutely the most miserable 2 hours I've ever spent in a deer stand. Hot. Humid. Skeeters. High water. Traffic. Boats. No deer. And oh yeah, it was hot. We are stuck in a weather rut, it's going to be just like this for the next 10 days. Same temps, same wind direction.....yippee. I'll go back out Saturday morning but that'll be it for probably a week or so. I'm just not gonna mess with this heat.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out and sat in the southeast stand from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM and had skeeters too. The only mammal I saw was a raccoon that walked under my stand.[]
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

I sat in my stand yesterday, it was hot but no skeeters bothered me (Thermacell). Didn't see a thing for some reason, i was sitting 20 yards off of my feeder that's been getting tore up every night for the last 6 months. Do you think that the recent storm and high winds that we had here could have disrupted the patterns of the deer? The woods have almost been transformed, i actually had a huge old oak tree fall and land about 12 feet from my feeder.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.