Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

E-mails sent to all who had not checked in. Sorry Dave, was sending e-mails when you were checking in. Should be hearing from the rest of the team shortly.

Mobow doesn't know it yet, but I do believe he volunteered to be team captain. If I am wrong about that, I hereby officially nominate MOBOW for team captain. Can I get a 2nd?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You have your 2nd and no problem with the email.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Got a 3rd here. I hunt Md and Delaware. Hope to pull a decent one out of Md this year. Avator is looking good.
Out to lunch for a name. Everyone will think we are gone from the woods and then we sneak up on them.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last week I went to the back of my property and tilled up to places for food plots. After tilling it 6 times since to make sure all the grass and weed roots were finely chopped, I went out yesterday and planted turnips in one plot and Buck Forage Oats in the other. Then, my wife and I went around the property and finished picking blackberries for the year, picked 5 gallons of wild grapes (she makes a wicked wine), 3 gallons of peaches, and a couple gallons of wild plums. I took all the bad grapes, peaches, and plums out to a spot between the two plots and dumped them late yesterday afternoon. Last night we started getting a light rain (which is still falling) and this morning about 9:00 I went out to make sure the soil over the seeds wasn't washing away. The rain has been light enough that is perfect for starting the seeds. I went by where I dumped the fruit and there were deer tracks everywhere and the fruit was gone! I'm feeling better and better about this coming season. Last week in October I am going 80 miles north of here to target the buck in the photo below. Before that and afterwards, if necessary, I will be hunting the 451 acres around the house. We're gonna have a good season!

Old 08-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Dave, great to hear from you, thanks for checking in! Mark, thanks for sending emails out, I was gonna delegate that task to you anyway, you just didn't know it yet.

Ya'll be careful, I think Mark is trying to catch up to my post count with this years contest! LOL....I would be honored to captain the ship, if it is so decided.

Rickmur, you're absolutely correct. We're operating in super stealth mode this year.....We're gonna blind side 'em all!

I'm also out to lunch as far as names go....I'll give it a couple days, then round up some of the suggested names ya'll have come up with and we'll hopefully decide on one mid next week. Sound ok to everyone?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow down to team 26 just accept it [8D]
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM

*grabs a broom, and while swatting at the furry vermin, screams* "GET OUT OF HERE YOU UGLY, FAT FINGERED RODENT!! GO ON NOW! GIT!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

BC, you may think a team total of 15 will be hard to beat, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news for ya buddy, but my goat has a better rack than yer gonna get this year!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Actually,,, I love you guys...just accept it [8D]
Old 08-21-2008, 10:59 AM

Mark, I'm not even gonna ask why you've got a goat...no, no....I don't wanna know..

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.