Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 09-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

With all the deer that have been moving around here, it is driving me nuts that I still have 22 more days and a wake up before I can hunt. Yesterday, worked on getting my home computer up and running and then did a little fishing in the evening. We have been having steady rain since about 5:30 this morning. I wanted to go get a stand up on the 40 acres to the south, but yesterday mama put the nix on me doing anything away from the house due to my aches. So I was planning on sneaking out while she was at work today, but I can't play in the rain, I'll melt!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

well looks like my season just got pushed back!!! now they have no clue when I am going to be able to get out of here!!! I hope if they keep me any longer they atleast hold me over till the 1st!!!! another month of benefits, but with my luck they will get me outta here on the 30th!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you are stuck there longer. Doesn't seem right but I know they do that a lot. Best of luck getting out quickly.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: palmergt3

well looks like my season just got pushed back!!! now they have no clue when I am going to be able to get out of here!!! I hope if they keep me any longer they atleast hold me over till the 1st!!!! another month of benefits, but with my luck they will get me outta here on the 30th!!!!
Do you have a vegetarian managing your career for you?????[:-] Hope you get back in time to hunt. Keep your head down brother and stay safe.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:52 AM

Man what a bummer. I can't even imagine. I'll be praying for your quick, and safe return.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys, I also got in a little fishing this past saturday, caught a couple nice walleye and a couple small mouth bass.Then yesterday iWent out and did a little scouting were i may hang a stand for the first week of october, there's quite a few oaks and the spot looks pretty promising.

Srry to hear about your delay of not comming home palmer...hope you get home safe and soon.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 AM

Good morning gang! It's a beautiful day here in central MO. Partly sunny and cool, the temp right now is about 65 with a light north wind blowing. It smells like fall!!

I'm headed out Sunday to pull my camera for the season, and clean off 1 final tree in preparation for Monday's opener. Unfortunately though, due to work and family obligations, I won't be able to get out until next Friday, the 19th. I had Monday off work, but decided to cancel it and move that day to a better time. If I would happen to shoot a deer that evening, I would have to take care of it that night, and then get up for work on Tuesday. I've done that before, and it sucks! So, I've decided to just not mess with it until Friday. But I'll be out all weekend, and depending on the wind, anticipation and confidence are high. I've got a couple nice bucks located, now I just need them to cooperate a little bit.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Mo I hear you about it sucking to have to get up for work the next day. Most of my hunting is Friday evenings (I am done with work all Friday's at noon) until Sunday late morning for that same reason. It still gives me 2 evening and 2 morning hunts every weekend I go. Then of course the time I take off for the rut. Weather here was 48 on the way to work today. Sure am glad the season is only 3 days and a wakeup away.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys I just saw (been up a while) that Rob made a team 50. That is 500 people. Hell when this started in the 2004 season I think we had like 20 or 21 total. Anyway things are slow here so I thought I would see what everyone thought about that.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

I think it is great!!! I know last year we only had 40 teams. I think that everyone should donate $10 that could go towards some sort of charity on behalf of all the hunters across the world.

On another note I have a favor to ask of all of you. Can we go ahead and win this thing this year? This will be my last year that I will be able to participate in the competition well I will have to skip next year due to being stationed in Korea, but there is no better way than to go out on top right. So lets win this thing!!!! lol

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.