Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 08-21-2008, 07:05 AM

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

AF, good to have ya brother. Smack away my friend, smack away...And, I suppose, if in the name of fun and commraderie, we want to bust on each other a little, well......I guess that's just the way it is, huh old guy?

I like the idea of the dark horses in the crosshairs......
Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Father please keep team 19 safe ......... and let them come in second to team #37
Old 08-21-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you Preacher Tony for your almost words of encouragement. May the Lord watch over you and warp all your arrows.

Now don't you have some kids to supervise or something?
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

School is out until September ....so, no!

Mark .... update on Dad ... looking like they are doing this 4 day test on him ... so I won't know anything till next week [&o]
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Brother Tony, Dad will come out of this just fine.

Now that the serious stuff has been taken care of, since you "blessed" our team, I felt the personal need to respond in kind. I sincerely believe I did a fine job of blessing your team.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys just checking in here my name is mark from the u.p of michigan. im digggin the energy of the team so far guys. Ill try and think of some possible team names and postthem up later, but i must admit and not much good at it[&:]the avatar looks great dstubb. looking forward to getting to know you guys, ill stop back by later.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Give it up guys team#20 is gonn blow you away!!!

Don already got his buck for the year!!!
JM, sorry but we don't swing that way!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Not Only Do We Need To HearFrom You, but where does everyone live/hunt?

210 barredrock - Northeast Kansas
57 mobow - North Central Missouri
415 Mr October
394 dstubb - Central Ohio
358 finner - UP Michigan
172 AF Hunter - South Central Iowa
218 wihunter402 - Wisconsin
2 palmergt3
25 PA Hardwoods
163 Rickmur - Md DE
I'll keep track of us as we check in.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:55 AM

Well, I guess some intro's are in order, for those of us that aren't familiar w/ each other. I'm Don and I am from East Central MO. For the first time in my hunting career, I have more ground to hunt than I have time for. I've already located several good bucks, one of which is on the same farm I killed my 130" 8 point last year. I'm super pumped for season to get underway, which begins Sept. 15. I feel like I've put myself in a good position to get it done again this year.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. I'm Dave and just checking in. I have not been on here much but this is my 5th year in the contest. I busted up my ankle real good back in the 2004 contest. Anyway I recognize some of the names on here. Looking forward to a great year. I hunt Wisconsin which I am sure you could tell. We had an awful winter last year and I was thinking we would not have much for bucks this year. I have a couple of decent ones on camera but nothing huge. I hunt on 80 acres of private land in the CWD zone of Wi where I am the only one until my son comes home on leave. He is looking to get home for 2 weeks starting Oct. 29th. My daughter is heading to Navy boot camp mid January so both my kids will be in the Navy soon.

I have not taken many bucks with a bow as I keep passing up everything waiting for something bigger. This year may be different. We are unlimited doe tags and earn-a-buck. So for every doe we shoot we get a buck tag with NO LIMITS. I will not shoot everything out there but will be taking at least 2 does. I have 3 carry over buck tags from last year (we can earn for the next season in Wi). 2 years ago I did shoot a small 3 pointer that was in full velvet. I always wanted one in velvet. I won't be shooting anything that small again. Our season opens Sept. 13th and I will be out for the opener. Always seems like the best time to bust a doe.

I love the avatar. Looking forward to an active team thread this year. Keeps things fun.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.