Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 08-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

If this works below is the best buck I have on 2 different cameras this year. We did have a very hard winter and I have some bucks on camera but not much.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had this one early but have not seen him since this pic. I would think he had a lot of growing to do since that picture was taken.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

This property is in the edge of the CWD zone in Wisconsin. We have quiet a varity of neighbors out here. We have one that has 60 acres that allows NO hunting at all for anything. We have one that has about 200 acres that only shoots a couple nice bucks every year and won't shoot a doe. (yes he does not follow the laws but he lives there and I am not going to say anything and get him upset with us.) Another owns 80 and leases out the farming rights and they "ag tag" 20 to 30 deer (bucks, does and fawns) every year.[:'(] Then another that has about 300 that also does not believe in shooting does but will shoot ANY buck 3" or longer.

Biggest thing we have found is the early season gun hunt really hurts us. We have seen lots of daytime deer activity until that Oct 16-19 (this year) gun hunt. Then everything slows way down and we don't see any where near the numbers. The DNR has changed it this year to be a doe only 4 day hunt gun or bow. In the past if you had earned 10 buck tags you could shoot 10 bucks during this early season. Just crazy.

Don't get me wrong on all this. There are a lot of deer out here. My wife and I went to the cabin one night about 4 weeks ago and watched 19 different deer in about a 30 acre part of our property. One small spike buck and the rest all does and fawns.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

mobow, I think my chances are pretty decent, the last 2 years i ate tag soup with the bow, came close to closing the deal but it never happened. im going to scout more and hunt more this year so i can up my chances. my biggest buck to date is main frame 8 which scored about 124 shot him back in 2001.

wihunter, them are a couple nice bucks one of those would help the team fer sure.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

finner I know they would help. Like I said earlier this is my 5th season in the contest. First I broke my leg on Oct. 23rd. Next year nothing. 2 years ago I had a 3 point in full velvet walk under my stand. I have aways wanted any velvet buck so I did take him. Last year again was nothing. Actually think I hunted too hard last year and spent too many days out in some of the same stands. This year I am going to switch it up and hunt all the stands instead of just 4 different ones. Another problem I have is that our cabin is in the valley with fields all around. The woods are on the hills and ridge tops. To get to any stand I have to walk thru the field somewhere. All the deer are in the fields all night and I always bump deer on the way to stand in the mornings. It sucks big time.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did I miss something?Are we not supposed to post on Tuesdays? There has to be someone else on this team that does not have to be working all day.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:49 AM

Yeah, it's a little slow in here today. We can't be on fire every day though, everyone else would know what to expect. We're in stealth mode, today.

Sounds like most of us have at least a decent shot at a buck this year.....Getting exciting....
Old 08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

If this works below is the best buck I have on 2 different cameras this year. We did have a very hard winter and I have some bucks on camera but not much.

I see a nice tree for a stand right him

Old 08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rick I actually have a stand about 30 yards behind where he is in that picture and about 25 yards to the right (in the picture) off the trail. Not really visable in the picture is another cut trail to the right about 10 yards behind him. It is a new stand that I put up this year and I have very high hopes for it. I have about a 25 yard shot to that trail at the closest point and about 20 yards to the other one running to the right.

Stealth mode eh? Yes I think we all have a good shot at a buck. Now if the bucks will just go along with it.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I plan on shooting the first nubby that comes along and get our team 2 points!

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.