Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32) >

Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Community

Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Sideways, it is supposed to rain hard tomorrow morning. I will be up in Loudoun County with a fried of mine. I hope some of those big bucks come my way and I am able to unleash an arrow. Best of luck to you, tomorrow afternoon should be great.

I saw some hardcore chasing this morning so things are picking up.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the bucks!!! Tonight we're spose to get 2-4 inches of snow and temps are spose to drop heavily so im gonna head out in a hour or two...
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go get em wisbowhunter...sounds like some good weather for you to stick an arrow in something.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

Nice bucks Buckeye and VS --- CONGRATS!! Great to hear you guys scored!

I've been out of pocket recently, haven't been on in awhile, so here is an update of my bowhunting the last few weeks.

Bow trip to Missouri went well -- lots of bucks, matter of fact we saw more bucks than does. Saw 2 shooters, but just not in bow range. One was an absolute stud. Saw lots of young bucks within shooting range, but just not the shooter. The thing that hurt was that most of the crops were still up while we were there and the weather was very rainy.

Back to WI...I got a shot at a decent 8 pt two weeks ago. He was cruising a field edge...came in directly at me, went right under my tree, and I didn't have a shot until he was behind me. I think the limb of my bow hit a tree limb. on the shot.. Hunters worst nightmare...I nicked the buck and never found it. I've done this one other time several years ago on a doe...just a horrible feeling. I'm back out this afternoon and tomorrow for my final hunts before gun season opens in WI next weekend, so I'm hoping to get lucky.

Good luck all!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the bucks! Way to put em down

Good luck to everyone still out there chasing those whitetails [8D]
Old 11-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye, any good sightings for you this past week? Good luck everyone. I am giving it my best shot at a big buck this week before I head back to work.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Sorry I've been MIA for so long, me and the wife have had a bad string of doctor visits so I've been distracted. Got out and hunted once while I was gone, saw a doe but she never came closer than 100 yds. I leave tomorrow night to bow hunt Wed. and Thur. and then I'll shotgun hunt Fri. Sat. and Sun. Then I should get to bow hunt one more weekend before second shotgun season here in IL. There are a few huge bucks out there, just waiting to get one. I have 2 160+ inch 12 pointers on the land I hunt in mid Illinois and there is a big 10 pointer were I'm heading this weekend.

Good luck guys.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

NO problem Jason, hope everything is ok!
Good luck with your hunting.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

my week of hunting last week was almost a bust.....I saw 6 bucks that seemed to get smaller as the week went on. For it to be the middle of Nov and not see any chasing activity was very frustrating. I sat two days and did not see a deer. On the bright side my buddy called me tonight and said it is finially here! He saw a couple of bucks chasing during the night last night and today. This weekend should be good I hope....the spike and small 6's are starting to get tempting. Good luck to those that are still at it, sound slike the next week will be good.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on guys--one more buck and we will be in the top 10...one more good buck and top 5! Keep at it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Official Team Perfect 10 Thread (32)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.