Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38) >

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Community

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Old 10-23-2008, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team Horn Ultimatum (38) Thread

Hey there teammates. Got a line on a new property just over the PA line in MD. It is a horse farm that the owner used to hunt, but is too old to anymore, so me and a couple of friends got permission. I have no idea what the property holds, but he is pretty adament that there are too many deer and he wants some of them gone, quickly. I'm going to bug out early after work and see what I can see. It will be a run and gun scout/hunt mission. I still have both tags so if anything decent shows itself it will get knocked down to show the landowner some results.

I'll let you know how I do.

Wish me luck.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck. I love hunting new spots like that. You have no idea what your in for.
If work is slow today I may take off and hunt this afternoon for a few hours. They are calling for rain on Saturday all day, so I need to make up for it.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey everyone. No deer down, but it definitely has promise. I saw a bunch of does and the landowner has seen no less than 7 different bucks running around. It definitely looks like a good spot. The only problem now is finding some more time to hunt it.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Well I'm still having no luck. One of my cams did manage to pick up another buck that may be worth shooting. He looks young, but he definatley got some character on his left side. This is on one of my spots that is heavily hunted during gun season, so I thimk I would shoot him if I got the chance.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool looking buck Joey. Hang in thereteamates, things are about to explode with action.Next weekendis usually the kick off week for the begining ofbig buck activity.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 PM

Hi again everybody. The last couple of weeks kind of sucked for me with very little deer movement to be had. I went this weekend to NY to hunt with some of my friends. No big bucks but I had a volunteer for the freezer:

Old 10-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the doe! She looks big.
I also think a few of us will score some bucks within the next week or two. I have a lot planned for Fri, Sat, and Mon. Hopefully I'll get a shot at one. Muzzleloader opens Sat, so I need to get a buck down very soon. The dogs hit the woods in 2 weeks. :/
Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things are finally starting to move around here. I hope to have a deer down in the next two weeks. Im off monday and tuesday each week.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Doe!! Cool pic, looks pretty thick in there. Hope everyone is gearing up, Im seeing lots of activity. I'll be in my stand the next 3 weeks as much as possible, but I pretty much hunt every day anyway lol. I have the next Fri and Mon off for 4 weeks so I can get lots of full day hunts in. I hunted the past 4 days morning and evening, action was hit or miss seeing several bucks chasing Does so its getting rdy to beark loose in MD.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice doe doegirl. Congrats.

I don't know if you guys saw my post from last weekend, but I saw over 40 deer on Saturday with 8 or 9 being bucks and 2 shooters. Obviously I didn't get a shot opportunity, but I've moved my stand about 40 yards up the ridge and should be right in the middle of the action. The only bad thing is I likely won't get out again until Saturday.

Quick Reply: Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.