Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38) >

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Community

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 AM

Default RE: Official Team Horn Ultimatum (38) Thread

Checking in...seeing lots of deer in my spot, but nothing with headgear.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool deal. Keep us posted. If those mulies arent there because of large raoming range, maybe some other studs will show up? Im heading down to NC Friday for opening day which is Sat, then we drive back to MD Sun and Im off Mon and Tue for opening day. After those 2 days I'll be mainly hunting evenings until the rut kicks and in ad some Sat mornings.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just heard back from Steve yesterday after he checked the trail cams in NJ. He's got one stand site that is getting smashed with doe pics which is good since we are in an EAB zone. We should be able to get some good footage of a doe kill in the morning and then get her checked in and on ice so we can get back out in the stand. Then we have a good 8 point and 9 point that are hitting another stand like clockwork so hopefully we can get one of them to cooperate and put them on the ground same day.

Steve has a very limited time to hunt so he will take the first good buck that gives him a shot. The 9 point should gross P&Y but wouldn't net because it is a mainframe 8.

None of this will put points on the board for us, but it should still be exciting. I'll be in front of the camera starting the following weekend. That's where I hope to get us some points.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from kentucky for opening weekend. Didnt tag anything, but did see a NICE 130 - 140" 10 point. Jenna scored an awesome shot on a turkey. I'm taking a few weeks off (golf tournament), and I'll be back at it.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

Just got back from kentucky for opening weekend. Didnt tag anything, but did see a NICE 130 - 140" 10 point. Jenna scored an awesome shot on a turkey. I'm taking a few weeks off (golf tournament), and I'll be back at it.
So what happened with the 10 point? No shot? 130-140" of points would have been a nice way to start us off.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

Okay all you experts out there, help me out.
For some reason I'm having trouble getting my broadheads to hit with and group like my field points. With the FPs I can put 4 in the target with all of the shafts touching each other...exactly where I aim. With my BHs, they are shooting left by about 6" and not grouping nearly as tight as my FPs.
This was not a problem last year and I have not changed a single thing.
If it matters, I'm shooting Muzzy, 100 fixed blades.
Thanks for any help.
Craig
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

well he was 15 yards in front of my stand. notice i didnt say I was in the stand waiting . we were a few minutes late getting out, and I saw him just as he saw me.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

well he was 15 yards in front of my stand. notice i didnt say I was in the stand waiting . we were a few minutes late getting out, and I saw him just as he saw me.
yea cuz he wont wake his lazy butt up when i ask him to get up!!!!! its his own fault......
Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey you be nice. (ok, so it was all my fault)
Old 09-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay all you experts out there, help me out.
For some reason I'm having trouble getting my broadheads to hit with and group like my field points. With the FPs I can put 4 in the target with all of the shafts touching each other...exactly where I aim. With my BHs, they are shooting left by about 6" and not grouping nearly as tight as my FPs.
This was not a problem last year and I have not changed a single thing.
If it matters, I'm shooting Muzzy, 100 fixed blades.
Thanks for any help.
Craig

Move your rest to the right about 1/16" and try shooting both again. Your field points will hit right, but it should bring both closer. Just move your rest in the direction you want the arrow to go. After you get them hitting together, readjust your sight.If you need anymore help, I'll be in the Baltimore area in a few days.

Quick Reply: Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.