Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38) >

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Community

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Default RE: Official Team Horn Ultimatum (38) Thread

My archery season started Aug 30th, so I've been into it a week now, but not out much yet. I'll be targeting different areas (and species) thru out the fall all the way until mid December. Right now I'm trying to find a couple muliebucks I scouted out near my home. Just moved to this area so it is all new. I have several resident does living around my place, so hopefully the bucks will be lurking. I just got permission to hunt some rocky bluffs near some cattle land only 1/4 mile from my place. I went out this morning and glassed the area for some hiding spots and observed a few doe families milling about. This country is very open and will be a spot & stalk hunt. Next seasonI hope to have some food plots in on my lower 3 acres and tree stand hunt, but this season I'll be a-foot. Here is a photo of a doe (on the right of the pic) and a rocky area (on the left) where I can slip into some bluffs. It looks like I should be able to find a funnel to the feeding area and maybe catch a buck early morning or late evening. I'll post the photo of my resident doe taken out my back door in the alfalfa feild as well.

-Scott

Old 09-05-2008, 01:15 PM

The resident doe

Old 09-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sheesh, look at that big ol belly!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Welcome fun2hunt, Glad you made it Mike, your number 10 and now we have a full team. Parts of OK has some great hunting,wish you luck ontagging your second this season.

Bummer about not getting to bowhunt Iowa this season Tom.
Thanks, it's good to be here.Good luck to everyone this season. I can tell a hint of fall weather the last couple of days. 50s in the morning.Nothing like the first hints of fall with the season around the corner. Can't wait.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. A little update from me.
I started the paypal dispute/claim process, and was real bummed thinking I wasn't gonna get the camera or my money back. Paypal was only gonna give me 200 bucks back if I never recieved anything from the guy. I paid 1935 for the camera. I was at an all-time low.
Until he finally emails me, and lets me know he shipped it.I have the tracking number, and it is on it way. He told me the reason for the delay was that a tornado hit his house. If that story is true I'm glad his family is ok, and my camera escaped undamaged.
Now I can put my mind towards the season. I can't wait to start filming. Hopefully I will have some good footage to share with you guys.
Shooting my bow, and scouting a couple places tomorow. Maybe hanging some more stands. I will let youyall know how it goes.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad it worked out for you Joey, I can only imagine the relief when you saw the email.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Good to hear its turned out well for you Joey, Cant wait to see some of that footage.

Tom
Old 09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

A lot of meat on that doe. Here is a buck my father-in-law is getting on his Moultrie 4.0

Old 09-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Mike, does he only have 2 points on his right side? His brow tine on that side looksmessed up.
He would be very tempting to shoot, but he may only be a 2.5
Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Cool cam shot Mike...

I'm heading out here soon to set up a natural ground blind on a funnel I found. Been watching a group of does feeding below it the last couple nights, and hoping to catch a buck in the late evening coming into feed on a large alfalfa field. Hard thing about the mule deer here is they are very nomadic and have a large range, not sure if those two big bucks I've seen are even still in the area. It's hard to pattern them mulies.

Good luck to all!

-Scott

Quick Reply: Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.