Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38) >

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Community

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Horn Ultimatum (38) Thread

I dont think it will be long and one of us will get a big one on the ground.
Diesel, be patient. Your buddies can wait. I told my friends I would film them too, but not until I get myself one first. May take all season lol.
Huntingbry, with all that action it won't be long for you. The deer haven't started to do any of that here yet.
FF/EMT, I have a good piece of property I can only gun hunt too. It sucks.
Good luck guys. I'm gonna be hunting up in Fairfax, Va Friday. I heard theres a ton of deer and a bunch of nice bucks running around up there.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:16 AM

Hi guys, just checking in. Have been busy with the new job and finding a place to live. I hate moving[:'(]. On the bright side, I got permission to hunt some property and had a close call with an 8 pointer (maybe 120'ish) last weekend. The property is chock full of deer and I'll be out there tommorrow morning.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck. Tomorrow is the next day I'll be able to get out and it won't get here soon enough!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I hear ya Joey, but Im sure its a matter of time before we all start connecting. My videoing issue isnt for personal needs, I need video footage for UltimateCamo for the upcoming show season for a 41" monitor to play footage on, for TV comercialsand for our web site. In order to get any useable footage, even a 1 second release shot, I need to gte it while the season is in, so we can use it next year. Ive already missed 3 of my buddies killing 140" 10 pts, and one of their wives took a 138" 8pt, along with lots of Doe kills I could . I really could have used all that footage. No way to know who would shoot one first though.You guys (MossyOak) already have enough kills on video dont ya think lol. I need to take advantage of every opportunity I can. Just last night I had that non typical buck I posted pics of at 30 yards along with a real wide 8pt and another buck. They were at 30 yards for almost 30 minutes feeding on acorns. Guess what, I forgot my video camera arm camera mount so the only thing I could do was hold the camera in my hand and watch. Was still fun, but I would love to get that guy on video. I usually have a camera guy every other hunt, so I dont video the hunts myself all the time which makes it allot easier to kill stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOevRIPF5gA
Old 10-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Yea I understand. If I lived closer I would definatley help you out(I think im about3 hours away). I was hoping to get a lot of footage this year also. Just for practice and fun, but I didn't know it was gonna be this tough. I got a buck kill on film while I was muzzleloader hunting in Kansas, but filming myself while bow hunting is a different story. I had a friend that was gonna film me, but now hes caught up trying to get his first kill of the year.
That is a nice buck. Would you have shot him if you had the camera set up on him?
Doegirl- Good luck with that 8 pointer, you will get him or a bigger one next time.
Good luck everyone this weekend.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I'm still without internet at my house (verizon really sucks!), and I only get on here a few minutes a day at work, but I'mstill keeping up with the thread when i can!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel, we are doing a lot of filming this fall. If we had some Ultimate Camo outfits we could probably get some kills on film for you.

Seriously, Steve is working on sponsorship with Mossy Oak, but nobody had given us anything yet. I stay out of the business side of this stuff. I hunt, write, and film. That's it.

The footage always seems to come harder when you need it doesn't it?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have bigger typical bucks on other properties but would love to get my hands on this guy just because he has such an unusual rack.
So, yeah if I had good footage of him and I had a good shot I would definately take him Joey. Huntingbry Ill PM you in a bit, have to take care of some stuff for an hour or 2 but I will definately want to talk to you about that. Thnx guys.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

That rack is cool. I would definitely put that guy on the wall. It make him look like he is leaning sideways.

I'll be keeping an eye out for your PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Im happy to report I scored. I was able to take the non typical Ive been watching on one of my properties. He came in with 2 other bucks. I had about 20 deer within20 yards of mebut never got busted by smell or sightWhen all the Does came in I was still seated, then I had 3 bucks come in quick. I was able to get a shot off at 15 yards broadside. I hit him about 8" back from where I had my pin as I shot and it hit a small branch. I watched the branch flutter to the ground with the leaves on it right after the shot which made me cringe a bit I have to admit, but, I saw the shot was still solidly in his mid section,he walked about 130 yards flickering his tail beforegoing down. My saving grace was he was close, so the shot getting knocked slightly off target still did the job although Im really lucky, and really pissed at myself about that but I just didnt see the little branches, Ive had to wear reading glasses the past few months, Im 43 years old and my eyes are starting get old I guess. Had he been 30 yards out I may not be posting these pics. He dressed out at 182lbs on a scale. I'll measure him up later. All in all Im really happy to have had the good luck and good fortune to take this guy, hes really cool in person, much better than the pics can portray honetly especially with his body size, and I love the choclate rack. Heading back out to video a buddy hunt right now, I'll get a score on him later.

Quick Reply: Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.