Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38) >

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Community

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Old 09-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Horn Ultimatum (38) Thread

We are gonna take the lead in a few hours. There willbe 2 monster Maryland bucks down. Good luck fellas.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go get em guys (and gal)!

I had a great day filming in NJ on Saturday. It doesn't translate into points for us, but it sure was a great day. I'll post more details later.

I was going to check my trail cams and hang another stand yesterday, but it was just way too hot and humid to even think about it. I'll be going out tonight after work to perform that duty.

I'll be heading down to MD Friday after work and hunting Friday evening and all day Saturday. So, I'll be behind the bow soon. I can't wait!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I saw 15 deer, and had a shooter at 22 yards at first light, he walked along an open trail broadside, I mean completely open shot, it doesnt get any better, 130" - 135" buckfrom looking with the binos as he was approaching. I could see the rack with my bare eyes. The guy filming said no go, not quite enough light lol, I was at full draw on him, 20 yards pin settled right in the crease, I just smiled at the camera after I let down, bummer. I have to get some footage forbusiness stuffso Im committed to getting any kills on video. Was still a great morning, had deer all around us for 4 hours. Heading back out shortly, changing batteries, changing my Depends (lol), getting some lunch and back in. Man it was so bright walking in this morning, no flashlight required, I hate full moons except for morning walk ins.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

Yea it was VERY bright last night. I hope you get another crack at him. I'm leaving Sat. for my muzzleloader hunt. Then my bow season starts in Va. Oct. 4th. I wont stop bowhunting until I shoot a buck.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 PM

Go get 'em guys. My season starts Sept 27th. It's making me nuts having to drive 120miles back and forth to get hunting arrangements setup. When I finally get to move in about 2 weeks, that'll be a thing of the past.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of action tonight. No shooters. I had a 100" 8 pt around my stand for more than 2 hours. I also had a small 6pt and about 10 Does around for a few hours. Saw the 2 bucks rough housing a little. Got some killer footage though. Back out in the morning and afternoon. Cross your fingers.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got get'em Big D. You better text me if you put something on the ground! Might help make the mrning meeting more bearable...
Old 09-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. WV doesnt open until the 18th of Oct ([:@]), and I can only hunt KY every few weekends, so I'll just sit back and relax until then.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Typical Buck

Looks promising guys. Go get um!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you guys are seeing some deer. My season started Saturday but I havn't been able to get out yet, I had a wedding and my nephews b day party over thw weekend. Who schedules that kind of stuff this time of year?

Good luck to everyone

Quick Reply: Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.