Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38) >

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Community

Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Old 08-31-2008, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 38 Thread

Well, that is dissapointing Joey, but dont worry, time in a stand will get you a shot a deer. I have seen bucks on properties when glassing fields but never got them on any camera many times.Older mature bucks are sneaky smart rascals.

Yeah we need to get Josh to get us some alternates and to upate Team 38 topis post.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Anybody ever try shooting without a peep? I've done it for years and feel that I'm just as accurate as I am with on. Certainly no worry of lost light at the end of the day.
I did this for a season or 2, but not near as accurate past 25 yards for me.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hope everyones holiday is going good!

Now that all but 2 of us have reported in, I was kind of wonderingwhat everyones backround was, plus its getting kind of quiet in here. Reading through all the posts it sounds like a few of you know eachother on a personal level. So whats everyones story? I guess i'll start.

I'm 25 years old, married with a 4 month old daughter. I work as a vascular access tech in a trauma icu here in Rochester, Mn, i have also been part of a volunteer fire/ems service for the past six years. I'm alsoback inschool pursuing my law enforcement degree. In my spare time i can be found chasing some type of animal, just depends on the time of year.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekends

Tom
Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey there mates! I'm back from Maine from my bear hunt. Yogi kicked our collective butts this time. The baits shut down before we got there and we only saw 3 bears from the stand the entire week between 3 different hunters. Had I not made a last minute switch before opening day I would have killed a bearon day 1 that would have gone 250+ lbs.[:@] Oh well, that's hunting.

Just wanted to check in real quick. I'm switching gears over to deer hunting and ready to put some points on the board. I'll check in with more later.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Navydeerhunter=Craig=45 years old, marries, 2 kids, recently retired from the Navy (26 years active duty) and now working as a government civilian...doing the same thing I did on active duty.[8D]
Old 09-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Guys, I did a check and damn it, whitetailhunter01 on your team list is already on team 45. He signed up both places. When are these people going to learn.

I'll place an alternate right now. Tomorrow night I'll replace the other missing member, he hasn't posted since July when he signed up. I even warn and ask these yahoo's not to sign up if they are going to disappear!

Old 09-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Please welcome trouthunter, he'll be replacing whitetailhunter01.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob, And Welcome Trouthunter!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, I've been out of town for the weekend. I'm back now, until next weekend, and hopefully I can come back with a nice buck for the team!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob and welcome Trouthunter. Thnx Navy/Craig for serving our country!!!

Diesel77=married=43 I have been bowhunting for well over 26 years. I hunt just about every eveningof the season from Sept - Dec, hunting Sat mornings on weekends and holidays. Dumb luck and time on the stand sometimes pay off for me and I will say again, "sometimes" pay off.I have almost 3,000 acres of private land to hunt in MD, some family and some friendowned,including 5 different propertieswhich took me 26 years to get after some begging, hard work, and persistance. I also will hunt a few other states this year. As some of you know and some may not, I started UltimateCamo, a new camo companyfew years ago. Umm, thats about it except for my Soc Sec number lol.

Quick Reply: Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.