Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

No flirting....just complimenting.

I would be be hunting but we have 35 mph winds and T-Storms in the forecast for today and tomorrow.

Good luck Wake

Dennis~~ Dont no one wanna hear about your excuses..[8D]!! Get the hell out there and dodge the falling tree limbs and dont sit in any metal treestands!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, Driving home from work today saw a 130" 8 point on the move. then I got home and just before dark, there were 8 does in the back field. Didn't see any bucks but they were probably not far behind.

Heading out Saturday morning and Evening. wish me luck.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

POPS~~ Thats awesome!! I hope you get a slammer on Sat, I am just waiting on you to post your kill with all them buck pics you were throwin up earlier this year!!!!
When does PA season go out??
I am jealous of your alls state... I am tired of seeingguys here in MD showing me pics of 120-140+ bucks from there land in PA!! I mean that point restriction is absolutely awesome!!!
It's too sad I dont NEVER see Md doing such a thing in the future!!! WE SUCK!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

No flirting....just complimenting.

I would be be hunting but we have 35 mph winds and T-Storms in the forecast for today and tomorrow.

Good luck Wake

Dennis~~ Dont no one wanna hear about your excuses..[8D]!! Get the hell out there and dodge the falling tree limbs and dont sit in any metal treestands!!!!
Actually I did go, with my little sister's ex boyfriend, right on the edge of the UofI land and we were within eyesight of each other, and about 30min. before dark I spot a deer in the UofI working his way towards him, so I wave my arm and FINALLY get his attention, I lose sight of the deer and about 2 min. later I hear Mahhhh.... snap my head to my friend and see him at full draw then, thud!...sounded like he shot a watermelon. Then the deer crosses the road and runs about 1000 yards across a picked bean field. He's watching with bino's then raises both hands in victory. I'm hoping he stays in stand until dark so that maybe another deer comes out (30min remain) and I get a shot at one...NOPE, he immediately gets down and I ask him if it's a Buck or Doe, he said it was a old 8 or 9 point that was all busted up, not a huge rack, kinda heavy but big bodied. I ask if he seen it fall, he says he did in a hedge row on the other side of the bean field. So we get his arrow, complete pass thru at 7 yards, it's covered in pink blood, but it's also drizzling rain and had been raining for 2 hours or so. We pick up his tracks in the muddy bean field...MAN this deer has huge hoofs....but the blood is spotty at best, I tell Justin let's stop and go eat or something and give this deer time...he insist he saw the deer tip over, so whatever,you shot it, it's your land...we finally make it to the hedge row, take one step inside of it, and you guessed it...up jumps his deerand with the look of horror on his face he say's you were right, let's back out, I tell him, kinda late for that, but let's wait until morning. SOoooooo the holding pattern begins. And I don't think he's going to like the outcome. Based on that watermelon sounding hit and the lack of blood over a 1000 yards, I don't like it. I think he hit above the lungs and below the spine, theres that little void and I think he hit it.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Solo, let us know how it goes.

WesternMD. Yeah me too. It's been one of those seasons for me of ups and downs. I'm seeing great deer in the car, out the office window but there are so many guys hunting the area I hunt this year that I think they are really messing things up. According to the landowner, myself and one other guy are the only ones with permission. I see different trucks every day. Last night, there was one pulled up into the woods on the access road. which normally you would think is ok but in this woodlot, not 25 yards off the road is a natural funnel that they walk thru. Just goes to show these guys have no idea about the woods they hunt. Last Saturday had a guy walk in 5 minutes before light and try to setup 50 yards behind me.

My season ends next Saturday so I have a week left. Wont get out tonights, it's my wife's birthday today. Tomorrow morning will be a short hunt and then we are going Geocaching with my daughters Girlscout troup. I plan to hunt the afternoon. Monday morning, all day Tuesday and some other times the rest of the week.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dennis~~ I hope it all tuns out well for him!!! Keep us updated!!!

Pops~~ That sucks buddy, hope it soon works out fo ya this week!!! That Geocaching stuff is prety interesting isnt it?? I went with a buddy last sunday to our local ballpark and found a few of those things with him!! I can see how people could get hooked to it!!! Gd Luck!!!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys! Got home and scored my buck, 97 1/8... Not quite the big guys I have up here in MD but a nice first VA bowkill

Sorry i didnt hold out for a bigger one, but I couldnt pass this dude up.. .Made an awesome shot, I'll post more pics tomorrow, off to bed...
Old 11-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heres my entry hole:

Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exit:

Old 11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Guys,
Just now got my vacation request for next week approved!!
Sounds like the weather will be cooler (highs 40 to 50; lows upper 20's
to 30's). Should be just about perfect. Didn"t realize the rifle season opens
on Wed.; but it is private land I hunt on and shouldn"t really be a problem.
Its been a full month since I was last out and I didn"t even get a doe for the freezer. Would like to put something in the freezer so I will probably
take a doe first, if I can be sure she's not being followed! Hopefully I can add some points for our Team; but I do want to mention that I am proud to be part of Team 33 and you guys have done a great job keeping us in contention!!! Thankyou!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.