Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

Dennis~~ ...Hope its a good one!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I missed a lot in a couple hours now didnt I, ya bunch of blabber mouths!! Haha I love it! Its gonna be a great year!!

I have worked for a company out of MD where we install and service carwashes all up and down the east coast for the past 6 yrs. I only generally travel within 3 hrs but the company is many other states. I used to work TOO MANY hours, but as of the past year im struggling to get my 40! The company aint looking good, so therfore I have put in to be a CO at the state prison just a mile from my home..so far so good all processes done just keeping my fingers crossed for a phone call within the near future?!? So if that goes through for me, I am not sure what kinda hours I will have to hunt??? Only time will tell, if I stay where im at I got 3 weeks of vacation to burn up this season!!

Ohhh and remember in an earlier post how I didnt have a decent bowshop within 100 miles, well just found out today that a former bowshop owner's brother is opening another shop 45mins from my home! He used to be 15mins from home but had a fallen out through the family and they shut down, these guys are great..Jesse Broadwater.. he shoots for hoyt and has won many titles over the years, Vegas, etc...!!!! I cant wait his opener is Sat so I will finally get the chance to have my bow retuned for a DECENT PRICE!! I actually trust these people!
Dennis thanks for thinking of me but I may just end up with a new release this Sat!

So much for trying to get into this season as cheaply as I could!![:@]ohhh well it'll be worth every penny spent with them!!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

I remembered somthing I had to tell Solo. Happy Birth Day! and I hope you get what you asked forHope you get some cool stuff!

Thanks Buddy....All I've gotton so far are 2 tickets on the floor to see the Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls play, me and mt Dad are going, should be pretty entertaining. I got a holster for my Thermacell, and I am thinking about buying myself a new 6 pack of Muzzy's. Then tonight I might re-fletch some of my arrows, I am trying Blazer vains this year.

Dennis where did you get your blazers? Ebay has some great deals on there if you ever decide to purchase some more!! I got mine from there and they work nice!!
I just ordered some replacement blades for my ST Mags the other day for myself as well!

I was thinking of picking up one of dem der holsters for my thermacell too but I cant find any locally???? I may just end up going the Duct Tape route??? It should work[8D]!!
Old 08-25-2008, 03:26 PM

going out scouting this afternoon, have a look see at some standing corn & a runway thru it. I will hopefully be out on Sept. 16th. We'll see what the early hunt brings. I've heard of people doing pretty good catchn' the big boys off guard that early.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I remembered somthing I had to tell Solo. Happy Birth Day! and I hope you get what you asked forHope you get some cool stuff!

Thanks Buddy....All I've gotton so far are 2 tickets on the floor to see the Utah Jazz and Chicago Bulls play, me and mt Dad are going, should be pretty entertaining. I got a holster for my Thermacell, and I am thinking about buying myself a new 6 pack of Muzzy's. Then tonight I might re-fletch some of my arrows, I am trying Blazer vains this year.

Dennis where did you get your blazers? Ebay has some great deals on there if you ever decide to purchase some more!! I got mine from there and they work nice!!
I just ordered some replacement blades for my ST Mags the other day for myself as well!

I was thinking of picking up one of dem der holsters for my thermacell too but I cant find any locally???? I may just end up going the Duct Tape route??? It should work[8D]!!
Thanks for the Bday jester......I have a AWESOME bow shop 25 min. from me, they carry Mathews, Bowtech, PSE, Parker, Hoyt, and Martin. I got the Blazers from there for 0.14 a piece.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the Bday jester......I have a AWESOME bow shop 25 min. from me, they carry Mathews, Bowtech, PSE, Parker, Hoyt, and Martin. I got the Blazers from there for 0.14 a piece.

.14 cents..thats about what I pay for them on ebay. $13-$14 a 100!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dennis~~ its funny I swear you and me must have the same needs..haha!! I see you are looking for a safety harness, I was just looking myself. I always have used the lap belt..then everyone has been tellin me how stupid I am...so I decided to look for a new harness. I couldnt convince myself to buy the HSS so I looked at the Seat of the pants harness and its basically junk, no easier to put on then a regular stlye full body restraint!! I ended up gettind a summit harness that comes with all summit treetsnads for $20!
It comes with the linemans rope/belt, I believe I am going to like this rpe much more then I would that wide/thick tether that comes with most other harnesses. Another plus I can see with the regular harness compared to the HSS is that it will be cooler opposed to another layer for early season!!
I haev tried on the HSS and they are simple and comfy! I will one day own a HSS in Ultimate Camo(when they come out), but can only see myself wearing it later on in season! I'm not sure if the HSS comes with a big tether or if it comes with the rope style like Summit?? Either way I will already have it!!

As far as the Ultimate Camo goes, Andy (Diesel77) is an absolute great guy! I have said it many times and will continue to say it!! I got the chance to meet him at the Harrisburg, Pa expo and picked up an outfit from him while I was there..at a GREAT price I might add as well!! I have spoke with him several times about his products and he is all ears any suggestions or comments he listens, and I truly believe he takes in and will do whatever it takes to keep his customers happy and improve on an already great product!! I know he will ahve my service for a VERY VERY long time!! You cant go wrong if you are thinking about trying the stuff out!! I will amke the same offer that I heard Peakrut make to a guy on here, if you purchase and you are not happy I will buy off of you at price you paid(XL though..haha!).... heck for that matter if you would buy it and didnt like it, I would almost bet Andy would take it back off your hands!!!! You wont be dissapointed though!!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hats

Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

WesternMdHardwoodsI can get 100 blazers at the sportsmans wharehouse for $16... And you don't have to pay for shipping either. I was just woundering if you paid for shipping to or that was the total price?
Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

WesternMdHardwoodsI can get 100 blazers at the sportsmans wharehouse for $16... And you don't have to pay for shipping either. I was just woundering if you paid for shipping to or that was the total price?

That is after shipping. Somewhere around there!! I just like the fact that I can mix and match colors if I want also, I dont know but you may be able to do that also!!
Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is after shipping. Somewhere around there!! I just like the fact that I can mix and match colors if I want also, I dont know but you may be able to do that also!!
Thats what I like about my bow shop they have bins full of Blazers, you just count out what you want and put them in a baggie, they just do the "honor" system, hoping you tell them at the register how many you have.

Ya, I like the looks of the Ultimate Camo....just need the $$$, because I want a complete set-up of the stuff. Anybody want to buy a $75.00 gift card to Borders Book store (Bday gift)....does Borders sell hunting mags?

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.