Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Buck Luck Thread  (33) >

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Community

Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Old 08-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 33 Thread

Yeah Solocam before you waste anymore money go with the Tracer Nocks! They are much more reliable, although they all seem to be going the cheap route in there production now!!

On another note I am ready to throw my bow off a cliff!!! I have been shooting horrible lately! I cant stay consistant, hell I cant even shoot consistent enough to be able to tell what I am doing wrong!!!!! So therfore I am changing stuff, release trigger length ,anchor point, peep, sights, tuning arrows and cant get nowhere!!!![:@][:@][:@]I just cant get comfortable with my form, I generally do not care if my form is"right" as long as I am comfy, but I cant even get comfortable????????

I dont know I am just so frustrated I cant stand it!! I have shot great all year, and now im worthless!!!!
Im gonna possibly look for a new release as old faithful could be just part of my problem? Its almost as if my arms shrunk or grew 4'' lately, nothing feels right????????

Ok I am done venting!! back to the drawing board!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmmmmm......Have you had your bow tuned recently? Maybe the center shot is off? Did your peep slide up or down? String isn't streched? I'd stick to 15-20 yards only until you get it dialed in from that distance, then move back.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

Hmmmmmm......Have you had your bow tuned recently? Maybe the center shot is off? Did your peep slide up or down? String isn't streched? I'd stick to 15-20 yards only until you get it dialed in from that distance, then move back.

No the bow hasnt been tuned for a couple years? It could be off, but my problem is I dont have a good bow shop for 100 miles!! The string is 2-3yrs old with 1000's of shots on it, so I dont think it can stretch anymore??? Not sure though?
I am trying to get one more year out of the bow without having to dump any money into it, I intend on getting a new bow come spring(thats what I said last year)!
If I shoot 10-15 yards I am hitting dimes , I drop back to 20 im hitting around 8-10'' off center[:@], I drop to 30 I really fall apart[:@][:@][:@], 40 is well not even gonna be attempted for awhile[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]!!!!

The part that sucks is that I dont just in a consistant matter, when I say 8-10'' I am using every square inch of it, all over the place!!!!![:@][:'(]
Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 PM

HuntingEd, did you say crabbing?! Aww, man I told my wife we needed to go to the E. coast for vaca. this yr. Man I did that out there a couple of yrs ago. Man, now that is some real fine eatn'. I ate bluepoints for a week. I was in delaware/md and went nuts on them. Even bought a crabbn net. You guys don't know how lucky you are out there. We stopped in Plymouth, & they had twin lobster tail dinner for $17, out here it costs $30-40 for a single tail. I am so envious of you guys.
Anyway, back to talkn about what we're here for anyway. To clarify, my season starts Sept. 13 sat, but I'm workn' & can't get out till the following tues.
How is everyone lookn for there honey holes this yr? Is every one's rig shootin straight? How's the buck forecast for us. I missed a real nice one last yr. He still haunts me in my sleep. Man that's one that will never leave my thoughts.[]
Western, might it be your rest is the culprit? If your close, your won't see the variance until you get back. Don't know, but throw it out on the technical forum here, & get some help. I've received some real insight from people here. Very intelligent folks here, they'll get you drilling again.
As for the avatar, something maybe with some kind of "luck" insignia, such as a clover, horse shoes, etc. around 33. Don't know, just throwing out ideas.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

143"
Whata monster!!!! get another one of them big boys this year and I think our team will be doin pretty good!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

No the bow hasnt been tuned for a couple years? It could be off, but my problem is I dont have a good bow shop for 100 miles!! The string is 2-3yrs old with 1000's of shots on it, so I dont think it can stretch anymore??? Not sure though?
I am trying to get one more year out of the bow without having to dump any money into it, I intend on getting a new bow come spring(thats what I said last year)!
If I shoot 10-15 yards I am hitting dimes , I drop back to 20 im hitting around 8-10'' off center[:@], I drop to 30 I really fall apart[:@][:@][:@], 40 is well not even gonna be attempted for awhile[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]!!!!

The part that sucks is that I dont just in a consistant matter, when I say 8-10'' I am using every square inch of it, all over the place!!!!![:@][:'(]
Thats a old string for a bow... Other than that I would suggest having your draw length checked to make sure its not to short or to long. I am not shooting as good as I do in the spring or fall because its so dang hot out.You just don't feel like shooting. but I amstill am keeping 4 arrows in 4" circle at 40 yards but thats my max range this year.

Sorry... other than that I don't really know.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. Dunno if you like this or not, but I was bored and made it.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Thats pretty sweet....could of made the dice double 3's though..Geeezzzzzzzzzz......J/K, you did a great job.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Looks great!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

<----------------------Well? Does it look ok or to small?

Quick Reply: Official Team Buck Luck Thread (33)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.