Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

rybo, your right, i didnt talk to anyone from home till last night....the damage is worse than i knew....my house is out of electric as well...mom said same thing..couple days. i know my HS canceled school today because of power being out.

it was nasty....thankfully it happened now not in the dead of winter...

im wondering about my farmer buddy....cant milk cows without electric...not to mention what it did to the corn fields...ive seen some sideways corn up here and we got much less wind up here and they had better rain up here...with the drought at home the corn started dying and consuming itself starting at the roots and insides so it was prone to wind damage....

couldnt imagine being in that actual hurricane if we got 70+ mph winds in PA!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck in the woods last night. It was great to be out though. Going back out this week.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

No luck in the woods last night. It was great to be out though. Going back out this week.
Good luck this week. No matter the outcome, it's ALWAYS great to be back in the woods. I'm jealous
Old 09-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea maus, beaver got hammered.
My powerfinally came on.
2 DAYS! I'm all but packed. I'll shoot one final time tomorrow, I am all set.

BTW, mauser was the only one to bite when I posted about the "few 160" & a 200" that I saw scouting.

they were in a fence. [8D]
Real scouting only turned up 3 deer, but decent areas. Ohio just has WAY less deer overall than what I am used to.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Yea maus, beaver got hammered.
My powerfinally came on.
2 DAYS! I'm all but packed. I'll shoot one final time tomorrow, I am all set.

BTW, mauser was the only one to bite when I posted about the "few 160" & a 200" that I saw scouting.

they were in a fence. [8D]
Real scouting only turned up 3 deer, but decent areas. Ohio just has WAY less deer overall than what I am used to.
Oh, I saw the few 160" and a 200" comment, but, hey, it's Ohio. Glad you got your power back on so you can regain your sanity in time for your hunt. Hopefully you score a slammer!

I was out shooting again, tonight. Shot the broadheads a bit at 30 and 20yds. They're shooting well. Decided to whip out the new camera and take some shots. It was cloudy, so there wasn't much scenic wise, but I did manage to get a couple neat shots of my bow and the range. I LOVE shallow DOF shots, and this is no exception.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 PM

Well all i saw was lots and lots of rain! I sat out there for hours just wanting to be out and i was! But nothing.

My bro is out this week and he stalked up to a hen turkey--8 yards and made a perfect shot!

Did get an even bigger 8 pointer on the cam.....will post pics later.

Will be out hunting this weekend in the local metro unit here just north of Milwaukee.

Good luck guys!
Pines
Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rybo, mom just said our power and everything is back up as of about an hour or 2 ago! were just not used to that kinda thing...i can think of a handful of times powers been out in my life and never very long....

i never did get to see the answers on that post about the deer! lol...

you want deer numbers, head south! ive coonhunted in and around Washington, PA...S I C K. this was late winter/early spring...i actually got sick of seeing deer! every field had 10+ in it just from what i could see in the headlights...deer crossing the road every turn i took...found my first ever shed antler that night! carried that sucker around the rest of that drop...talked to a WCO from down there and he said guys CRY there are no deer down there [&:] i kept seceretly hoping the dog i was hunting against would chase some deer...but never happened lol! (was a competition hunt)

finally got some guys huntin!!! thats great! still kickin around the idea of heading out saturday to get into the stand..maybe look for a doe...but mainly just to get into the stand and get the gitters out of the way...

Old 09-17-2008, 05:26 PM

Well guys i went out monday morning for the mo opener and got a shot on a doe. She prolly didnt run over 20 yards. Took out her heart and lungs. As soon as i get my sisters camera back ill post up my pictures and a longer story for ya. Im headen out in the mornen again.Gonnatry out my new summit titan...hope it works good.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ldiebo13

Well guys i went out monday morning for the mo opener and got a shot on a doe. She prolly didnt run over 20 yards. Took out her heart and lungs. As soon as i get my sisters camera back ill post up my pictures and a longer story for ya. Im headen out in the mornen again.Gonnatry out my new summit titan...hope it works good.
Congrats on the doe! Can't wait to see the pics! Now you have one down, now it's on for some head gear! Good luck tomorrow!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!! cant wait for the pics!! and Rob aughta have pics for us as well!! rybo leaves here quick too!

ahhh! is everyone hunting cept mauser!??!?!

i went spotting after coon hunting tonight...had like 7 bucks within a few hundred yards of my spot...i think 3 or 4 were legal 8pt or better...2 were pretty nice i could see them with my bare eyes clearly...some sparring and scraping going on....hopefully the bigger ones goto my hill across the road...or maybe thats where the BIG boys are hiding...cant spot them fields due to the corn yet...

my Alpha Burly sports might be the best investment ever...feel a little funky at first...but i did some walkin tonight and they are comfy and sturdy though they dont feel like it at first...gotta get that new rubber scent off of them bad boys...QUICK!

good luck everyone! seasons early...REAL early....but im excited...getting nice and cool at night...

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.