Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rob.....

You will NOT be able to resist the allure of the NC Buckzilla I have waiting for you, here. I tell you....he's got beautiful G.......well he's really wi........Ok.....he's at least 2.........no.

He's a monster I tell ya! Should go 50".
LMAO, it's nanny season isn't it?

And it's a shame Dagger isn't legal for when your here, if atlas measured him he'd go 75" for sure. In reality he's roughtly two 8" spikes so, 8+8+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+2+4 for a spread = 36". [8D]
Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

This cool evening weather had me going nuts guys. I climbed up my stand behind the house. I had 2 small bucks sparring less than 30 yds away right at dark. I had the camera and everything, they just came in too late. Pinned me up there a little while. I really don't know how big they were cause it was so dark, but the one was considerably bigger bodied than the other. I'm figuring these 2 were behind the fresh rubs and small scrape back there as well.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cool experience Ryan.

The cool weather has me going nuts too. Countdown is happening. I'll start 9 days in NC.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome Rybo!! that would be pretty neat to get to watch! ive never been on stand and witnessed sparring or fighting. guess before the last 2 bowseasons i wasnt sitting still and quiet in the woods in the fall much to get to see it...

this cool weather got me all fired up...its pretty dang chilly out there right now!! couldnt tell if it was a super heavy dew or frost on my way home...i know its pretttty chilly though...could see our breath sittin on my buddies porch...

sure feels good....hope the trend continues! last year was miserable for the first week or so....stinkin nasty hot...i remember being absolutely soaked just sitting there a few times!

i COULD kick off my season EARLY.....with an early doe season....but, i doubt i will...really nowhere i'll take a doe in my area at home...never thought id say that...but the last 2...or 3 seasons ive been no doe in my home areas...the LATE season rifle hunters really did their duty the first few years of that in 2B...could maybe venture out behind the house...its on its way to being a developement...sad to see survey markers and logging roads...not sure whats coming...but if its still cool out i might head out back there before the season...

Old 09-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought a new trail cam guys. Its a moultrie I-40. Plan on putting it out tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Just bought a new trail cam guys. Its a moultrie I-40. Plan on putting it out tomorrow.
Very nice! That will probably be my next cam. I was just talking to my dad about this last night. We have a cheapo wildview we bought from Gander Mountain, and that batteries last about 4-5 days...trigger time is slow, and I don't want flash anymore. Good luck. Hope to see your results.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM

Ive got a good question for u guys so hear it goes. My grandpa put out a salt lick for his horses in the top corner of one of his fields. Ive been seeing deer in that top corner just bout every day, but thats the only field i dont have a stand in so do i try putten a stand up there or what. And there not coming from where i have my other stands set up so do i try to hang a stand or what? Only got 4 days left tell season
Old 09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looking forward to the pics.

Ldiebo13, would that be legal? Deer love salt licks.

I saw a hat trick tonight. On my way home from work I spotted something black crossing the road. Realizing it was a bear cub and not a black cat I sped forward to see to cubs and momma bear. I showered and we headed for wings only to see a flock of turkeys. I said to my wife, I need to see a deer now and on our way home, I spotted a matriarch family of does. My night was complete.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Looking forward to the pics.

Ldiebo13, would that be legal? Deer love salt licks.

I saw a hat trick tonight. On my way home from work I spotted something black crossing the road. Realizing it was a bear cub and not a black cat I sped forward to see to cubs and momma bear. I showered and we headed for wings only to see a flock of turkeys. I said to my wife, I need to see a deer now and on our way home, I spotted a matriarch family of does. My night was complete.
Good night then, but...how were the wings?

I got out and shot again. I wasn't on as well tonight, but did decent. I shot almost entirely from 40yds, and had two three shot groups all in the black on the Morrell bag. One group was about .75"...pure luck there My extra SlickTricks and G-nocks came in from MeanV, so I have four solid shooter arrows with broadheads in the quiver and ready to go. Now I just need to by some Scent Killer shampoo/body wash. Where's the best place to buy that? Rob, is it available at GM? I've never even looked for it, but I would assume it would be there.

Oh, and I have a nice new toy coming this weekend.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt, go to GM this Saturday. Gonna be some sweet deals down there. Costs 5 bucks to get in. Mike Waddell and some country artists are gonna be there. It's called "Gander Jam."

I was out for a ride out around my parents, ran into grouse. Parked to chat with my buddy that was riding and this grouse came out like it was looking for a handout. Must have been raised, bought and stocked?

Here is a vid of a small buck that stared at me for like 5 minutes.

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/bmeckbach/?action=view&current=0910081719.flv

What is the toy? I am curious.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.