Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

pretty neat Rob...kind of a weird choice to spend FREE money on...but, it looks awesome...and with the right buck, you might get some AWESOME footage like the commercial or TV show that shows the buck ripping the decoy to shreds...(then it quickly runs off after the decoy is in 100 pieces lol)

heck, if nothing else, it could be neat to set it up somewhere in rifle season....fill the inside with ballons filled with red watery jello........

i dont know id have much use for that thing for actual hunting in my areas...heck, hes bigger than 75% of the bucks lol!

twas another great nite of coon hunting...let me tell you, if nothing else, im getting back into shape pretty quick...lost atleast 5lbs since i got home from Cape Cod...i bet it was all last nite! i was S O A K E D ...didnt walk nearly as much tonight and it was a wee bit cooler...but still helps..i gotta get into a workout routine starting yesterday lol...gotta take my first physical exercise test here in about a month.....i can probably pass it all, but i know the mile and a half run is gunna whoop me...think we got 12 or 13 minutes...we dont have to PASS this time...but i dont wanna look like a FAT kid oh...gotta start stretching too...that might kill me...guess i understand why you gotta be somewhat flexable...but man...thats gunna take some time and practicing....benching i'll be fine and will boost my score...agility run i shouldnt do bad on..so no real worries...just gotta get in better shape so im not DEAD lol
Old 08-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you guys haven't seen it yet, make sure you check out Hunsucker's first of the year. What an absolute STUD!

Rob, that's quite the decoy, lol. If that works for you, I'm moving to Huntersville, lol. The majority of bucks around here are about 1/2 his size But heck it was free, so what do you have to lose?

Any more footage of the bathroom buck?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

both the buck team hb dropped are NICE!!! setting the bar early....

just got done shooting...30yds is getting better and better...i am finding myself lacking in the anchor department...and been playing around with using my middle finger to release...feels a little funky, but i think im more accurate that way...i need to make my mind up QUICK and make/keep the habit and find anchor points....

screwed the muzzys on and shot them at 20...was getting tired but had consistant 10-11 oclock hits maybe an inch away...going to shoot the muzzys first tomorrow and see what im gunna do...either tune it out or leave it be...i had them hitting perfect so it could just been the arrow/head combo...found out last year that i gotta match BH ferrules to shafts because i got some finicky heads or arrows..flight looks good though...

also talked to the buddy last night...he said not to worry about the "other guy" he talked to him and it sounded as if he pulled his gear from my spot because he only got 1 legal buck on his camera...i'll still be there first and wont be climbing down this year!

time to go run the hounds again tonite!

also found out my "fall break" falls duing the weekend of the opener!! so i should have saturday, monday and tuesday to hunt!! i got my honey hole for opening morning, then maybe try my luck on a strip of woods that has corn up against it(should be a hot spot but if other guys spot deer there they will be in there and it aint nearly big enough for more than 1 hunter...its one of my rutt stands but the bucks really dont "live" in that patch...so i'll likely give it a shot 1 morning and 1 evening...maybe hunt my honey hole opening morning...then hunt the corn field opening evening...then monday hunt the corn in the morning they my honey hole in the evening...the possibly head to school to hunt up there Tuesday...but i dont know...we'll see...
Old 08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

pretty neat Rob...kind of a weird choice to spend FREE money on...but, it looks awesome.
Why? I wanted it, I got it.

Matt, it is quite the decoy and it's menacing looking. I'm kinda anxious to give it a try but I probably won't use it til the end of Oct and only in a field.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

valid point and your right....just me, in my shoes, i know id never use it lol. if i did, it would be for prank purposes only. i guarentee i could get it shot full of holes before season was near! i guess youve also been at it yearrrrrrrs longer than myself and anything that you really want or could put to use, you already have.

im actually itchin to hear results from its uses....

do the antlers come off?? could be dual use....not like its a turkey and colors give it away...just removing the antlers aughta turn it into a doe if they are removable...

also, it should have a "calming" effect...so long as the real deer arent spooked by him...

nother good night of coon hunting! legs are tingling and i just stopped sweating....cant beat the workout! spotted 5 deer...a lone doe let us get within about 10 foot of her...buddy thought he saw one cross the driveway but couldnt be sure we had coon up every tree and eyes glowing everywhere....

another field i spotted a deer(usually have the lights out in the fields just because they arent needed...) turned on the lights and had 4 deer in the field...2 bucks about 40-50yds away and 2 does 75yds away. 6pt and a 60-70" 8pt that i wont lie, hed likely have troubles walking by my stand while im sittin in it! nice basket rack...he seems to live on the other side of the hill from my honey hole so he might be safe from me....wasnt BIG, but the only standard i might try to hold myself to is somethin a hair or 2 bigger than last years....
Old 09-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ordered up my slicktricks, and two dozen G-nocks. Shot yesterday again, and made some final tweaks to my 30 and 40yd pin, and it's drilling them now! I'm considering investing in a range finder for this season. I don't want to spend a ton, and haven't really researched much yet, but does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Antlers do come off Captn but man, that'd be one BIG ugly momma doe.[8D]

I'm going to get pictures of it outdoors today here at the house. I'll make a post in Bowhunting.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob you could always go with only one antler. That would be the ONLY way Id use that Goliath beast....lol.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:58 PM

Good luck to the Elowapi crew and my bud Rybohunter. Have fun on your elk hunt to Ryan. Still waiting in the Alt list myself...

Happy Hunting!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Scott. Love the bear avatar.

Nothing hunting related to report, did the whole labor day picnicing & fun thing for the last few days. Eating, boating, swimming & fishing.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.