Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Community

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Oooohhhhh.

Did ya HAVE to go there?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Only cause they were broken! This year my boy, this year! That one was a 130" buck, I thought it was a spike on that right side. [:'(]
Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Head West Rob..I got your 2 horned Rob Buck all 98 lbs and 25 inches of him!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

In a year, he's a winner GR8, I still have at least a 2.5 preferably 3.5 year old age restriction.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Dude...I said it before.....

If you're hunting a place that has enough 130" minimum deer running around to satisfy a year's worth of hunters......

More power to ya. I can't imagine that kind of atmosphere to hunt in. Kudos.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

my bow...

06 Reflex Highlander
CX Terminator XP Selects with 125gr 3blade muzzys or 125gr 2 blade Snypers..maybe tracer nocks
Alpine soft loc 3 arrow quiver
Viper Predator MT sight with tru peep
QAD ultra rest HD
bucknasty 452x string
some other misc stuff..little slower than the NEW bows...but my arrows somewhere near 450gr..quiet and deadly...i honestly dont know if i can justify the extra money for a "top shelf" bow..EVER..then again, from what i hear, the Highlander is maybe one of the very best mid shelf bows ever made...cant understand WHY reflex only made them for about half a year....it was MAJORLY successful from what ive read..

got some kinda upsetting news today....

Rob, remember my FIRST year, the year of Bros before does?? remember my FIRST ever morning of archery hunting and getting thrown outta my treestand??

i have a feeling the SAME is going to happen again!!!! different guy, but i got word of a guy that got stands and cameras ALL over the "block" trying to figure out the biggun....one of his ladder stands is in MY spot. im gunna try to straighten things out this weekend...i got permission from the land owner AND the farmer. i can almost guarentee he doesnt know where to FIND the landowner...and hes crossing my buddies fields which are owned by ANOTHER land owner(of which i have hunting permission from BOTH!) i can guarentee you one thing, i am NOT leaving my stand this year. if i beat him there, which i will, hes SOL coz im not leaving...if he shows up he should thank me for not stealing his gear(im not that low) but im not leaving.

wish the landowners were on MY side....they are both laid back and wont care or do anything....both older timers...both have no problems with hunters...1 owns the fields and half the woods..the other owns other fields and the other piece of woods...not much woods at all so they dont get hunter issues...

im already in "panic" mode...it honestly puts a very sour taste in my mouth about hunting when stuff like this happens. i got 1 other decint spot at home and i have a feeling it will get hunted hard because of the crop rotation this year...same situation...anyone can hunt it and not have any trouble...

oh well....no sense in worrying about it...nothin i can do except be in my tree a couple hours before the other guy thinks about waking up....who knows...maybe he hunts his other stands and i whack the monster opening morning....past expiriences tell me opening morning on that hill is the PLACE to be for the biggun to come through undisturbed....im willing to bet its the 8pt i muffed up on opening morning LAST season and didnt get the shot...

Old 08-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob..whats the run down of your season?

NC 1st
Pa 2nd
Ill 3rd
Then the remainder if needed in PA?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:26 PM

Hey, Rob i also shoot a bowtech. mauser keep us updated on your problem. hope everything works out for ya bud.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Rob..whats the run down of your season?

NC 1st
Pa 2nd
Ill 3rd
Then the remainder if needed in PA?

NC Sept 18-20th

PA Oct 4-Nov 9th

IL Nov 10th-15th

Hopefully a return trip to NC following the 15th....

And this morning, I got great footage of that buck out my bathroom window. I'll try to get the footage up today.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure if I posted the rundown of my season here or not:
September 19-27 Idaho (Elk/whitetails)
OH bow season will be in upon my return as will PA early doe special regulations.
Weekends in October will likely be split PA on Saturdays, OH on Sundays.
From Halloween thru November 16th I will bounce between OH & PA as needed & time permits (12 full days to hunt). It matters not which state I shoot a buck in as I will hunt whichever area I feel is the hot one at the time.
If after Nov 16th I am still buckless, that is likely how I will finish the year. I’ll have one more weekend in OH before each of our states gun seasons hit. I may use my bow during gun season, but that is one of the few opportunities I get to use my pistol to hunt with. I have less than zero faith in the late archery season after hunting during it last year and seeing the absolute circus that it was. Locals out in full force driving every property in sight. Permission be damned.

Got the schedule cleared to do some scouting tomorrow in Ohio. I figure to glass the trees in the oak stands & see how the mast crop is looking. Finalize a few routes to selected stand trees. And then sit over some fields and glass till dark.

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.