Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Finally!!! Im in New York for the weekend and my girlfriend's computer wouldnt let me post for the past two days [:@]. Some sort of cookie problem. Showed me logged in but wouldnt display my posts. Oh well, its fixed now.

Do we have any ideas on an avatar yet. I was thinking one of those paintings w/ the indian kneeling next to his kill as the background. What do you think?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

i realy like that idea
Old 08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

right there with mauser on the coondogs Rob dont seem to bother them at all i wont coon hunt as much during bow season because i liek to deer hunt or will go to diffrent spots but i cant say we bother them much and the dogs wont run one or ealse they wont like me much lol

matt
Old 08-24-2008, 11:10 AM

I like that idea for our avatar as well.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I also like the idea of the Indiana kneeling next to his kill. Sort of shows respect IMO.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:46 AM

I agrea CM.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

mauser,

You seem a little confused lately about your avatar. Did you use your bow for the coons?
Old 08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

ive shot coons with my bow just wont let me dog chew on them incase of blades and stuff well good news guys tomorrow i go to hang stands and mark shooitng distances and so on what should i use flags or tape? also i was thinking 10,20,30 yrds ? if the camera is working then i will get pics for us. why dont yall get pics of your area's also so we know what eachother is hunting in as far as surroundings and type of terrain? just a thought

matt
Old 08-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like the avatar idea as well, it goes well with our name.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

another vote for the avatar...always loved that painting...

thanx for the info on the extension...makes perfect sense...

dave, no ive never killed a coon with my bow...arrows are too danged expensive to send up a tree! lol we dont kill too many period. if you kill em all, you wont have any to run in the "off season" coon season comes in mid oct and goes out late jan or early feb. we try to only take one here and there out of the areas close to my buddies farm...if we travel more than 10 or 15 minutes to hunt in kill season we will kill more in those areas....try to keep the ones close to the farm so we can always have coons to run when its not kill season and we dont gotta go far...fur prices dont mean much to us....dead coons cant be chased another night...cant train good hounds without coon to run. thats our views on coon management....though we know if they get too thick disease and such set in...between road kills and the couple we take outta each woodlot, the method seems to work.

not confused at all....i love runnin hounds! started running when i was about 5 or so...its kinda engrained in me....

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.