Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Elowapi Thread (15) >

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Old 08-23-2008, 07:46 PM

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Hey, guys. whent out riden around alittle while ago and seen some deer. ive been seein deerjust about every day. 23 days till season I CANT WAIT.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Ldiebo13

Hey, guys. whent out riden around alittle while ago and seen some deer. ive been seein deerjust about every day. 23 days till season I CANT WAIT.
When's your start, PA is Oct 4th.

Who's first for our team?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

captains log 8/23/08

got my 2nd pin roughed in finally...only thing is...im not sure of the yardage lol. it "should" be right around 30...but dang does it look closer to 40...i lugged my bag target outside the fence, and up the hillside into the woods on a flat(more hillside with nothing but woods behind it..) shooting slightly uphill...dont know if its the bright, open yard shooting into dark woods or what...but it looks farther than it is...but BOY i love my Viper! i was fatigued and still shooting better than i expected...

Rob, maybe you can help...ive never shot a sight with an extension before...i got the ole truglo out and lined up my Viper pins to match the gap that my truglo had...i found out real quick that i need to go a good couple hairs lower with my 2nd pin than i did on the truglo....would the extention have any play in that?? possibly was shooting farther than 30...gotta get to my buddies field where i have yardages all marked off...or borrow my buddies range finder and range my bag on my hillside...

just think that the bag should be right about 30yds...i had to move the 2nd pin a good bit lower than it was on my truglo...find out next weekend when i can get to my buddies....was heading there today, but silly captain, i left my dome lights on after the coonhunt last night...2am dead tired i usually leave them on...dad has the jumper cables in his truck and he was working...so i was stranded here at home
Old 08-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

captains log 8/23/08

got my 2nd pin roughed in finally...only thing is...im not sure of the yardage lol. it "should" be right around 30...but dang does it look closer to 40...i lugged my bag target outside the fence, and up the hillside into the woods on a flat(more hillside with nothing but woods behind it..) shooting slightly uphill...dont know if its the bright, open yard shooting into dark woods or what...but it looks farther than it is...but BOY i love my Viper! i was fatigued and still shooting better than i expected...

Rob, maybe you can help...ive never shot a sight with an extension before...i got the ole truglo out and lined up my Viper pins to match the gap that my truglo had...i found out real quick that i need to go a good couple hairs lower with my 2nd pin than i did on the truglo....would the extention have any play in that?? possibly was shooting farther than 30...gotta get to my buddies field where i have yardages all marked off...or borrow my buddies range finder and range my bag on my hillside...

just think that the bag should be right about 30yds...i had to move the 2nd pin a good bit lower than it was on my truglo...find out next weekend when i can get to my buddies....was heading there today, but silly captain, i left my dome lights on after the coonhunt last night...2am dead tired i usually leave them on...dad has the jumper cables in his truck and he was working...so i was stranded here at home
The extension would make you have a bit more pin gap.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still want to know. What in the world is Elowapi???
Old 08-24-2008, 01:36 AM

Ours starts sept. 15th only bad thing is its a monday and i cant miss school because i got a football game that night but oh well. As far as who will get one first thats anybodys guess but good luck to all.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Rob, don't you know you can't stack a team with PA hunters. All they have out there is little bucks and half racks.
Sheesh we're drawing in the outsiders like flies on you know what. Jealousy is an ugly thing[8D]
Well .... you know flies are drawn to things that smell like..... well you know.
Good luck anyway , hope you all have great season and be safe out there.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

I still want to know. What in the world is Elowapi???
Read the thread young man.

captn Mauser,

the farther you put your pins away from the bow, the more the pin gap will grow which will give you the most accuracy. Thank about the ultimate sight, it would stretch from you to the target and you could put your pin right on the target itself. Now, the difference would be if you used your 20 yard pin for a 30 yard target, how much would your arrow drop? That would be your pin gap.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Rob, don't you know you can't stack a team with PA hunters. All they have out there is little bucks and half racks.
Sheesh we're drawing in the outsiders like flies on you know what. Jealousy is an ugly thing[8D]
Well .... you know flies are drawn to things that smell like..... well you know.
Sweetness and sugar!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was hoping you could just point me to were it explains it!! But you made me read this whoooooollllllleeee thread just to read that stand for half rack hunters?! LMAO!! sorry I had to do it!! J/K

Quick Reply: Official Team Elowapi Thread (15)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.