You Voted And Doe's Are In.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Please Read The Question Is Different. Would You Like Does Added To The Contest?

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

Woul every one like to have Does added to the contest?

If Does were to be added, They would be scored by measured with their ears.
You would strech out the ears and measure from tip to tip.

The measurement from the tips would be the score.

At lest some of us that don't get a buck but get a doe could enter a score.

And if you got a buck, and a doe, the doe score would addin with thebucks score.

The same rules asthe buck would apply.

Thank You
ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

If someone wants to put up with the hassle it would be ok, but can all states shoot does?????

I amnot sure??

Also I believe the best thing you could do is make just one score say 25pts each or so?? JMO
ORIGINAL: wis_rifle_hunter

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

If someone wants to put up with the hassle it would be ok, but can all states shoot does?????

I amnot sure??

Also I believe the best thing you could do is make just one score say 25pts each or so?? JMO
i agree. just make does worth a certain amount of points
ORIGINAL: okietreedude

certain amount of points.

what if we can shoot multiple does? I could have taken 2 in muzzle and now 2 more in gun. would I get to count all 4 or just 1?

You all have some really Good Points.

You Voted

10 - Yes.
7 - No.

3. Antlered deer, including doe's, if it's tagged with a tag it's in.
Does will count as 25 points.

One Doe will count toward your team.
The Doe will count 25 points.

The rules will be the same as the buck rule.

You, andthe Doe and the Gun, and the tag ( For the staes that require a tag ) in a picture.

Thank You

Old 11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please Read The Question Is Different. Would You Like Does Added To The Contest?

So you can enter both a buck and a doe? What about folks who have already shot a doe but don't have a picture of the gun and hunter with the doe, can just a picture of the doe count?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: npaden

So you can enter both a buck and a doe? What about folks who have already shot a doe but don't have a picture of the gun and hunter with the doe, can just a picture of the doe count?
To answer your question, No.

# 3. Revised.
3. Antlered deer, including doe's, if it's tagged with a tag it's in.
Does will count as 25 points.

One Doe will count toward your team.
The Doe will count 25 points.

The rules will be the same as the buck rule.

You, andthe Doe and the Gun, and the tag ( For the staes that require a tag ) in a picture.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

As I understand it, each team member can submit 1 deer. Submit either the best of your first two bucks or a doe. Only one doe per team will count. A doe will score 25 points regardless of size. Is that right?
Old 11-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding is that it is 1 deer per hunter counts toward the team score. This can either be a buck or a doe. A doe counts as 25 points regardless of size. Technically a team could end up with 10 deer, all of which were does and they would score 25 points each for a total of 250 points for the entire team.

Here's my attempt at defining the revised rule to make it clear:

# 3. Revised.
3. Antlered deeror aDoe, if it's tagged with a tag it's in.

Bucks will be enteredbased ontheir B&C measurements, Does will count as a flat 25 points regardless of size.

A hunter can enter either a buck or a doe but not both.

You, andthe Deer and the Gun, and the tag (For the states that require a tag) in a picture.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

My understanding is that it is 1 deer per hunter counts toward the team score. This can either be a buck or a doe. A doe counts as 25 points regardless of size. Technically a team could end up with 10 deer, all of which were does and they would score 25 points each for a total of 250 points for the entire team.

Here's my attempt at defining the revised rule to make it clear:

# 3. Revised.
3. Antlered deeror aDoe, if it's tagged with a tag it's in.

Bucks will be enteredbased ontheir B&C measurements, Does will count as a flat 25 points regardless of size.

A hunter can enter either a buck or a doe but not both.

You, andthe Deer and the Gun, and the tag (For the states that require a tag) in a picture.
As I understand it, each team member can submit 1 deer. Submit either the best of your first two bucks or a doe. Only one doe per team will count. A doe will score 25 points regardless of size. Is that right?

This is right except, you can enter a Buck & a Doe.
The score counts 1 Bucks score+ 25 extra points if you get a Doe.
The reason is, some don't get a Buck, but get a Doe.
And they can add a score to their team.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now I'm really confused,I thought I asked that exact question in post #12 and you said no?

I personally prefer only being able to enter one deer for each hunter, either a buck or a doe. There are several states where you aren't able to get a doe tag and a buck tag.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Now I'm really confused,I thought I asked that exact question in post #12 and you said no?

I personally prefer only being able to enter one deer for each hunter, either a buck or a doe. There are several states where you aren't able to get a doe tag and a buck tag.
quote:

The reason I said no, is it needs the hunter, the gun, and the doe in the picture to count.
I am sorry if I confused you.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Okay, so now I disagree with the rule change. I don't think everyone was voting to add a doe to the score in addition to your buck,but to allow a doe to be entered if someone doesn't get a buck. That's for sure the way I read it when I voted. I lost track of which was the current proposal that was being made because you edited the proposed rule about 5 times during the voting process.

Being able to enter a doe if you don't get a buck is a slight wrinkle to the contest but being able to enter a buck and a doe is a complete change in my opinion and really changes things for people who's rifle seasons are already started.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, so now I disagree with the rule change. I don't think everyone was voting to add a doe to the score in addition to your buck,but to allow a doe to be entered if someone doesn't get a buck. That's for sure the way I read it when I voted. I lost track of which was the current proposal that was being made because you edited the proposed rule about 5 times during the voting process.

Being able to enter a doe if you don't get a buck is a slight wrinkle to the contest but being able to enter a buck and a doe is a complete change in my opinion and really changes things for people who's rifle seasons are already started.
Maybe, I should have waited untile next year to add the Doe's.

Sorry.

Quick Reply: You Voted And Doe's Are In.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.