HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   You Voted, No Gun = No Score. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/270919-you-voted-no-gun-no-score.html)

jrbsr 10-30-2008 09:46 PM

You Voted, No Gun = No Score.

7. You must have a picture posted on the contest page within the,
Official Score Card thread to enter a deer.
The Deer must have a tag visible (if tags apply to your state),
No skull pictures, no rack pictures - the Deer the gun and yourself,
Must be in the picture.

Should the contestants without guns in their Score Card Post be allowed to use their score ?
The total Votes by Nov 8 - 2008 will determan this.

So what does every one want?
Its up to your Vote.

Thank You

RenaissanceBiker 10-31-2008 06:11 AM

RE: Every One Plesae Vote On This!

As I said in the Scorecard thread, I have nothing against CamoCop or BuckRogers. I just thought the question should be addressed before 50 players posted pictures without guns. I wouldn't mind letting them keep their score but enforcing the rule from now on.

TexasBowHunter 10-31-2008 10:42 AM

jrbsr, I am not sure if you are talking about changing the rule for the entire contest or just for the guys that didn't put their guns in the pic as of yet....Either way,I thinkif we change it for the guys that have alreadyposted then we should allow it for the rest of the contest.

jim1966 10-31-2008 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: RenaissanceBiker

As I said in the Scorecard thread, I have nothing against CamoCop or BuckRogers. I just thought the question should be addressed before 50 players posted pictures without guns. I wouldn't mind letting them keep their score but enforcing the rule from now on.

Must be in the picture.

This wouldnt be right. The rules were up before the contest started.

Icetrey 10-31-2008 05:16 PM

Well, Im not sure what to think. Does it really NEED to be pictured though?????

Even though on of the individuals is on my team, if you believe it should be a rule, do as you wish.

jim1966 10-31-2008 08:56 PM

Have they been asked if they have another pic with a gun in it?

jrbsr 10-31-2008 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: jim1966

Have they been asked if they have another pic with a gun in it?
Yes they have been asked.
And they didn't have a picture with their gun.
They forgot about their gun.

jim1966 10-31-2008 09:08 PM

Let them get a second buck and enter it with a gun in pic.

RugerM77.270 10-31-2008 09:25 PM

Rules are rules they were stated before the contest started and were the same last year. I shot one last year and couldn't count it because I forgot the gun.

Surf62 10-31-2008 10:55 PM

I did vote no since the rules have been up for quite a while and they should be enforced on all contestants the same.

However if we vote to let Camocop and BuckRogers enter their deer whithout a gun in the pic then the entire contest should be run that way.

Paul

renfrowridge 11-01-2008 02:00 PM

They new the rules before we all started if we change this then what ? Will we take just antlers next!!!

fingerz42 11-01-2008 07:13 PM

Rules are rules. This rule is to make sure people dont use the same buck for an archery and rifle contest. The gun must be in the picture. If you "forget" then your score does not count. Thats how rules are. Dont follow then youre SOL.

spudrow 11-04-2008 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Rules are rules. This rule is to make sure people dont use the same buck for an archery and rifle contest. The gun must be in the picture. If you "forget" then your score does not count. Thats how rules are. Dont follow then youre SOL.

I agree.

Spudrow from Mo

RenaissanceBiker 11-06-2008 08:12 AM

Let them get a second buck and enter it with a gun in pic.
I think this is probably the fairest solution.

Hunting Kuk 11-06-2008 03:54 PM

I agree we need to have proof of the deer,but my mom's digital camera....well we lost the coard to put pictures in the computer so I guess I am S.O.L if we need a picture.

BUCKMARK 11-06-2008 04:22 PM

The rules are the same in the bow contest, no bow in the picture the deer does not count. I can vouch for that too. Took my first buck with a bow and in all my glory I plumb for got to get my bow in the pic and **it happens.

crokit 11-06-2008 05:24 PM

Well< I too am f$%ked!! I returned last night from an Adirondack trip. Shot a 121" { unofficial } 8pt, 177lb dressed-4 days after taking it- Took numerous pictures. We butchered the deer this morning. I made sure my brother, before the work started, was able to get a picture of me, the buck/rack, and tag all in the frame.

I just now was re-reading the rules and came across the " gun " clause. I went back to the pictures we took on the hunt, and several have my weapon in the frame, but in NY, buck does not need to be tagged until transport. One picture taken today clearly shows " weapon used box " marked

If the reason for including the weapon is to negate some filthy bast#$d from entering bow kill under gun, and vice-versa, then doesn't a clearly marked " weapon used box " accomplish the same thing? Also, I am not entered in the bow category.

I agree, rules are rules, and I'm sure no one on this forum has ever violated one. Does common sense count?

crokit 11-06-2008 05:34 PM

One question I forgot to ask in my prior post: who verifys the B&C scores? Shouldn't the deer be scored by an official scorer and signed by such? or are we taking the word of each entrant?

jim1966 11-06-2008 07:26 PM

The contest is run the same year after year. Rules are posted for a reason. Last year there were people who forgot to get a pic with a gun in it and the buck didnt count because of that. If new to contest then why enter if rules weren't read?

jrbsr 11-07-2008 05:33 AM

Every one has Good points to this issue.

The Poll will run untileSat 11/8/2008 1:00:00 AM

And what ever the vote count is, will be what happens.

Or would you want to go ahead,
and count the pictures with out their gun,
and have like a 50% deduction of their score,for not having the gun in the picture?

I really hate to not count a score,just becauseof an honest mistake.

Thank You.

trevorpt 11-07-2008 06:35 AM

Nothing against the guys without the gun in the pics, but rules are rules and if you make an exception for one person then u have to make exceptions for all of us.. and that just makes things difficult, i say dont count them if they dont have the gun

npaden 11-07-2008 08:05 AM

Crokit - if you have pictures of the gun and the deer and pictures of you and the deer I think you are okay. You'll just have to post both of those pictures. If the tag isn't required until transport then it doesn't have to be included in the picture. That is where they are the most lenient in the contest because every state has different rules on tagging and sometimes it is hard to get a picture of a little scrap of paper showing.

jim1966 11-07-2008 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

Every one has Good points to this issue.

The Poll will run untileSat 11/8/2008 1:00:00 AM

And what ever the vote count is, will be what happens.

Or would you want to go ahead,
and count the pictures with out their gun,
and have like a 50% deduction of their score,for not having the gun in the picture?

I really hate to not count a score,just becauseof an honest mistake.

Thank You.

Can either of them get another buck this year?

jrbsr 11-08-2008 06:30 AM

RE: Please Read The Last Page. Every One Plesae Vote On This!

The Votes Are In.

25 No.

13 Yes.

You have Voted that, No Gun = No Score.

So the rule stands.

Must be in the picture.

I let you Vote and you said No.

Majarity Rules.

PreacherTony 11-14-2008 10:46 AM

Who flippin cares if the gun is in the pic or not????? It's the EASIEST way to kill one!!! I could see if this was a bow contest and wanting the weapon in ...but gun??? :eek:Are you afraid someone is going to try and enter roadkill:eek:

crokit 11-14-2008 04:12 PM

JRBSR: does a gun have to be in the picture or not??

jrbsr 11-14-2008 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: crokit

JRBSR: does a gun have to be in the picture or not??
Yes it does.

BuckRogers 11-15-2008 02:50 AM

PreacherTony. Thank you for trying to stick up for me and the other poor soul. I also want to thank you for the roadkill idea. Now if I can only find a big enough deer. ( I will have my muzzleloader with me.) [:@][:'(]. I wouldnt actually do that but it did cross my mind.
For those that dont believe me... your right. I actually killed that deer with a corncob shot out of a potato launcher. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

As for the person that asked if I can get another deer? NO the iowa DNR sees fit to give out deer liscenses to all the nonresidents so they can make their wallets fat while managing their deer herd. I have one other license and that is for bow, because in the state of Iowa you can only get a bow licence and a gun license. Im going to stop ranting now for fear that I will say something that will get me banned from the forums. Heres a pic of the only license I have left.

BuckRogers 11-15-2008 02:51 AM

PreacherTony 11-15-2008 03:16 AM

Bottom line on this, guys ....it's supposed to be for FUN!!!! :eek:let their buck stand ...... show others the grace you would like for yourselves ......:eek:

some of you need a life .... or maybe a sweet card saying how good you are and how special you are ....lol...

jrbsr 11-15-2008 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Bottom line on this, guys ....it's supposed to be for FUN!!!! :eek:let their buck stand ...... show others the grace you would like for yourselves ......:eek:

some of you need a life .... or maybe a sweet card saying how good you are and how special you are ....lol...
It was voted on.
And every one here had a chance to vote.

You Voted, No Gun = No Score.

Total Votes : 38

The last Vote Count was,

25 No

13 Yes

If every one wanted the Rule Changed, they should have voted it, that way.

It was Voted on,
Majority Rules !

crokit 11-15-2008 02:32 PM

Bottom line on this, guys ....it's supposed to be for FUN!!!! :eek:

It is fun isn't it, PT. I'm having fun, as it should be while hunting.

BuckRogers 11-15-2008 03:00 PM

He was being sarcastic, meaning that it isnt fun to have your deer not count in the contest because of some trivial picture.

crokit 11-15-2008 04:43 PM

DUUUUHHH, weeeelwy?

peakrut 11-16-2008 05:59 AM

Rules are rules especially after 2 years ago when a knucklehead got caught entering a gun kill
into the archery contest.

jrbsr 11-16-2008 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: peakrut

Rules are rules especially after 2 years ago when a knucklehead got caught entering a gun kill
into the archery contest.
Thank You, peakrut.
I did let every one vote on how they wanted the pictures.
And they Voted 25 NO, and 13 Yes.
For No Gun= No Score.

jim1966 11-16-2008 04:42 PM

If I forgot to get a pic with a gun in it I wouldnt submit it. You shoulda bot all your teammates to vote yes. Your teammate has said he has a pic of the deer at the place he checked it in at. Why didnt he go and at least take a pic of that pic? Or enter the 2nd buck he got. Didn't he know when he got the 2nd buck that the first one might not count? I dont need a sweet card or to be special. I might qualify for special ed though. lol

jrbsr 11-16-2008 06:19 PM

If I forgot to get a pic with a gun in it I wouldnt submit it. You shoulda bot all your teammates to vote yes. Your teammate has said he has a pic of the deer at the place he checked it in at. Why didnt he go and at least take a pic of that pic? Or enter the 2nd buck he got. Didn't he know when he got the 2nd buck that the first one might not count? I dont need a sweet card or to be special. I might qualify for special ed though. lol
You are right jim1966, if they get another buck.
With the hunter, gun, and deer in the picture it can count.
A second buck counts.

Icetrey 12-01-2008 03:23 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Rules are rules. This rule is to make sure people dont use the same buck for an archery and rifle contest.[quote]
Get real. Dont you think someone, if really intent on winning this, that shot a buck with a bow and wanted to enter it with gun contest could just take a gun and put it in the pic? If you were to say something of the sort "Thats stupid" or " Why do such a thing", why would someone lie about it period? If we cant trust the people on the site then they shouldnt be here.