You Voted, No Gun = No Score.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Every One Plesae Vote On This!

They new the rules before we all started if we change this then what ? Will we take just antlers next!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rules are rules. This rule is to make sure people dont use the same buck for an archery and rifle contest. The gun must be in the picture. If you "forget" then your score does not count. Thats how rules are. Dont follow then youre SOL.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Rules are rules. This rule is to make sure people dont use the same buck for an archery and rifle contest. The gun must be in the picture. If you "forget" then your score does not count. Thats how rules are. Dont follow then youre SOL.

I agree.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 11-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jim1966

Let them get a second buck and enter it with a gun in pic.
I think this is probably the fairest solution.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree we need to have proof of the deer,but my mom's digital camera....well we lost the coard to put pictures in the computer so I guess I am S.O.L if we need a picture.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rules are the same in the bow contest, no bow in the picture the deer does not count. I can vouch for that too. Took my first buck with a bow and in all my glory I plumb for got to get my bow in the pic and **it happens.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well< I too am f$%ked!! I returned last night from an Adirondack trip. Shot a 121" { unofficial } 8pt, 177lb dressed-4 days after taking it- Took numerous pictures. We butchered the deer this morning. I made sure my brother, before the work started, was able to get a picture of me, the buck/rack, and tag all in the frame.

I just now was re-reading the rules and came across the " gun " clause. I went back to the pictures we took on the hunt, and several have my weapon in the frame, but in NY, buck does not need to be tagged until transport. One picture taken today clearly shows " weapon used box " marked

If the reason for including the weapon is to negate some filthy bast#$d from entering bow kill under gun, and vice-versa, then doesn't a clearly marked " weapon used box " accomplish the same thing? Also, I am not entered in the bow category.

I agree, rules are rules, and I'm sure no one on this forum has ever violated one. Does common sense count?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

One question I forgot to ask in my prior post: who verifys the B&C scores? Shouldn't the deer be scored by an official scorer and signed by such? or are we taking the word of each entrant?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

The contest is run the same year after year. Rules are posted for a reason. Last year there were people who forgot to get a pic with a gun in it and the buck didnt count because of that. If new to contest then why enter if rules weren't read?
Old 11-07-2008, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Every one has Good points to this issue.

The Poll will run untileSat 11/8/2008 1:00:00 AM

And what ever the vote count is, will be what happens.

Or would you want to go ahead,
and count the pictures with out their gun,
and have like a 50% deduction of their score,for not having the gun in the picture?

I really hate to not count a score,just becauseof an honest mistake.

Thank You.

Quick Reply: You Voted, No Gun = No Score.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.