HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   You Voted, No Gun = No Score. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/270919-you-voted-no-gun-no-score.html)

trevorpt 11-07-2008 06:35 AM

RE: Every One Plesae Vote On This!

Nothing against the guys without the gun in the pics, but rules are rules and if you make an exception for one person then u have to make exceptions for all of us.. and that just makes things difficult, i say dont count them if they dont have the gun

npaden 11-07-2008 08:05 AM

Crokit - if you have pictures of the gun and the deer and pictures of you and the deer I think you are okay. You'll just have to post both of those pictures. If the tag isn't required until transport then it doesn't have to be included in the picture. That is where they are the most lenient in the contest because every state has different rules on tagging and sometimes it is hard to get a picture of a little scrap of paper showing.

jim1966 11-07-2008 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

Every one has Good points to this issue.

The Poll will run untileSat 11/8/2008 1:00:00 AM

And what ever the vote count is, will be what happens.

Or would you want to go ahead,
and count the pictures with out their gun,
and have like a 50% deduction of their score,for not having the gun in the picture?

I really hate to not count a score,just becauseof an honest mistake.

Thank You.

Can either of them get another buck this year?

jrbsr 11-08-2008 06:30 AM

RE: Please Read The Last Page. Every One Plesae Vote On This!

The Votes Are In.

25 No.

13 Yes.

You have Voted that, No Gun = No Score.

So the rule stands.

7. You must have a picture posted on the contest page within the,
Official Score Card thread to enter a deer.
The Deer must have a tag visible (if tags apply to your state),
No skull pictures, no rack pictures - the Deer the gun and yourself,
Must be in the picture.

I let you Vote and you said No.

Majarity Rules.

PreacherTony 11-14-2008 10:46 AM

Who flippin cares if the gun is in the pic or not????? It's the EASIEST way to kill one!!! I could see if this was a bow contest and wanting the weapon in ...but gun??? :eek:Are you afraid someone is going to try and enter roadkill:eek:

crokit 11-14-2008 04:12 PM

JRBSR: does a gun have to be in the picture or not??

jrbsr 11-14-2008 06:38 PM

ORIGINAL: crokit

JRBSR: does a gun have to be in the picture or not??
Yes it does.

BuckRogers 11-15-2008 02:50 AM

PreacherTony. Thank you for trying to stick up for me and the other poor soul. I also want to thank you for the roadkill idea. Now if I can only find a big enough deer. ( I will have my muzzleloader with me.) [:@][:'(]. I wouldnt actually do that but it did cross my mind.
For those that dont believe me... your right. I actually killed that deer with a corncob shot out of a potato launcher. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

As for the person that asked if I can get another deer? NO the iowa DNR sees fit to give out deer liscenses to all the nonresidents so they can make their wallets fat while managing their deer herd. I have one other license and that is for bow, because in the state of Iowa you can only get a bow licence and a gun license. Im going to stop ranting now for fear that I will say something that will get me banned from the forums. Heres a pic of the only license I have left.

BuckRogers 11-15-2008 02:51 AM

PreacherTony 11-15-2008 03:16 AM

Bottom line on this, guys ....it's supposed to be for FUN!!!! :eek:let their buck stand ...... show others the grace you would like for yourselves ......:eek:

some of you need a life .... or maybe a sweet card saying how good you are and how special you are ....lol...