HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   Official Teem 5 Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/261496-official-teem-5-thread.html)

monster10rackstack 09-12-2008 09:35 PM

RE: Official Teem 5 Thread

Sorry it took so long but I'm here......just got the computer back form hp:)

SDarcher 09-13-2008 11:19 AM

Welcome to the team Monster! now we've got a full team.

Makes no difference to me who the captain is. If Ruger is willing to take it on, that sounds good to me.

bowhuntnsteve 09-13-2008 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: PYbuckhunter

I'm from Pardeeville, WI .
WOW you just saying Pardeeville just brought back memories! I used to live on the east side of Madtown & moved to WI for a hunting sales rep job. Dated a girl in Portage. But moved back recently from there, miss that state and the hunting. Great part about that was being so close to the big states for hunting. Hop, skip, & a jump anywhere in WI, or IA or IL.

RugerM77.270 09-13-2008 01:00 PM

That's fine I'll do it.

monster10rackstack 09-13-2008 09:20 PM

Sounds good to me......

grayhunter18 09-14-2008 09:45 PM

Beutiful little one SDarcher. Your life changed for the better I promise. It is 90+ degrees here in Georgia and bow season opened yesterday. What fun! I took my five year old (boy) out today and sat at the pear tree in a blind about 2 hours before dark. We didn't see a hair but I had a blast knwing I was carrying on the tradition and spending time with him. The next trip is for my eight year old (boy) and I think it will be just as much fun. They fill grown up and special when they get to go to the woods with daddy. These are the things that make hunting special for me. I enjoy my hunting time when I get to be serious about it but days like today is what is all about. Wish me luck on bow season I didn't get in the Bow contest but I would love to finally getmy first archerywall hanger. Don't worry in Georgia we get 2 bucks and ten does so I doubt I will get to wall hanger shots with a bow. Good Luck and touch base later.

SDarcher 09-22-2008 08:59 AM

Only 5 days left! for archery that is:)

I went out this weekend and checked the cameras one last time and made sure everything was still where I put it. Had some smaller bucks and some does and fawns on the camera's but that was all so far. I know there's some decent ones around though, just from scoutin and glassing. Now if I can just see them on stand! I ended up having to move two stands. One (hang on) was laying on the ground still attached to the tree it was on that had blown over. I'm just lucky the tree fell with the stand facing up rather than fell on the stand! The other stand was under a large trunk of tree that had busted off above it and was just teetering above it on some branches waiting for the right time to fall on the stand or myself. But, i found some good spots with some real heavy trails funneling by, so hopefully I'll at least get to see some activity.

How was everyone else's weekend?

millagerobert 09-22-2008 06:46 PM

The avatar looks great, you guys have been busy on here since I headed to the mountains to guide elk hunters a couple weeks ago. If you want to know more about me and mine check out my blog below.

PYbuckhunter 09-25-2008 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: bowhuntnsteve

WOW you just saying Pardeeville just brought back memories! I used to live on the east side of Madtown & moved to WI for a hunting sales rep job. Dated a girl in Portage. But moved back recently from there, miss that state and the hunting. Great part about that was being so close to the big states for hunting. Hop, skip, & a jump anywhere in WI, or IA or IL.
Who were you working for, with the hunting sales rep job?

RugerM77.270 09-29-2008 02:04 PM

Well guys I did the hour plus drive Friday and scouted my land a bit. Things look good though I still have some work to do. Plus, after church yesterday I have a friend approach me that is a Vice President for a company here in town. He said that the company had leased 1100 acres to brown nose clients on twenty minutes from my house and that I was welcome to hunt it all I wanted. It looks like this is going to be a good year.

monster10rackstack 09-30-2008 07:07 PM

That sounds like a great deal Ruger.....

grayhunter18 10-01-2008 07:51 PM

Hey Ruger what would it take to get you to take me out to hunt with you. I can be over there in about 3 hours. Quicker if you say come on. Just kidding. I am happy for you and hope it pays off for you. Congrats and take care of business.

grayhunter18 10-10-2008 08:54 PM

Well folks Georgia Archery Season is over is and it was a bust. Didn't see anything within range except a racoon, squirrels, and a red fox. What a productive season. Muzzleloader Season opens tomorrow and Rifle tomorrow. Hopefully they will be more productive.

kellyguinn 10-21-2008 12:49 PM

Alright guys. I'll be headin to the deer fields in Alva, OK for the black powder season. I'll head out on Friday and hopefully I be back by next Friday with a keeper.

kellyguinn 10-31-2008 11:48 AM

Well I am off to try the blackpowder season here in Oklahoma. Unfortunatly my 9 days of huntin has been cut down to the last 2 days of the season but I will do my best. I still have rifle in late Nov if I can't get it done this weekend. Wish me luck.

Kelly

RugerM77.270 10-31-2008 09:28 PM

Good luck and good hunting.

kellyguinn 11-02-2008 08:27 PM

Welp no luck. Saw 2 eight pointers one would have gone 115 or so but he was only 2 to 3 years old. I'll get back out there the week of Thanksgiving and see if lady luck will go my way.

SDarcher 11-07-2008 12:35 PM

one of the bucks I'm chasing.if not with an arrow hopefully I can see him during rifle season.

SDarcher 11-07-2008 12:37 PM

another buck that visits my stand (unfortunately (sp) in the dark)

kellyguinn 11-07-2008 02:07 PM

Here is one I have that visits often but always at night. It is also a bow hunting area only so it wouldn't help us any but thought I would share.

SDarcher 11-10-2008 01:11 PM

Awesome Buck Kelly! Hope you get to meet up with him sometime when thesun's up!

RugerM77.270 11-15-2008 01:43 PM

I had my chance today but I gave it to the first timer. I am holding out for something with a few more inches.

kellyguinn 11-19-2008 02:56 PM

Great job. I'll be headed back to Bartlesville, OK this friday. Hopefully I'll connect on something otherwise the gun seasons will be over for me.

Kelly

RugerM77.270 11-20-2008 07:22 AM

Don't forget we get points for does now too.

PYbuckhunter 11-20-2008 01:56 PM

Great job Ruger, letting that young fellow take that buck!
Season starts here in Wisconsin Saturday, so maybe I can connect on one.
Good Luck to all.

RugerM77.270 11-21-2008 08:19 AM

First Blood and Point For Team #5 Bone Collectors

mvisgak 11-21-2008 12:04 PM

Gun season starts on Monday the 1st and with any luck we'll have some private land to hunt for the first time ever. Bow season has been awful for us. We've hardly seen anything, which is VERY abnormal. We'll head out next Friday and hopefully spend Saturday scouting the private land.

kellyguinn 11-26-2008 02:23 PM

Well he's not much but I passed larger ones early on in my hunt and was running out of time but its better than nothing and should taste pretty darn good. Score is 94 5/8

RugerM77.270 11-28-2008 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: kellyguinn

Well he's not much but I passed larger ones early on in my hunt and was running out of time but its better than nothing and should taste pretty darn good. Score is 94 5/8

Good going now we have some real points on the board.

millagerobert 12-02-2008 01:05 PM

Here is my whitetail buck I will score him asap. I filled my tag with this old guy on Thanksgiving Day. The night before I saw a very large buck that I couldn't get a shot on, so went back the next morning. In the very same place I saw some deer running below a skid road and could see an opening they had to cross, so I put my scope on the spot and watched three does run through and then saw horns so I shot. He was not very big, an old guy that was loosing size due to age, and he had 2 busted points on one side. I had passed up bigger bucks this year, but it was nice to have my deer tag filled and have something on the meat pole at our Thanksgiving camp.

Just read the rules again and didn't get a pic with my tikka .243 and my tag in the photo, does this disqualify this buck?????

millagerobert 12-02-2008 01:06 PM

I took this nice 26 1/2 inch Mule Deer also, but I don't think they count in this contest????

PYbuckhunter 12-03-2008 05:57 PM

millage......nice bucks, you can count the mule deer but you have to multiply the final score by .86. Yes, you have to have yourself, gun and tags(if your state law says you need to tag the animal) in the picture to count for the contest.

Our 9 day regular gun season is over and I didnot get anything. Passed on 5 bucks, just not big enough. The muzzleloader season is underway until the 10th, so I'll be trying to fill a tag then. We also have a "Holiday Hunt" that runs from Dec. 24th thru Jan.4th..........we can shoot bucks then also, so I have a few more opportunities to get on the board.
Good Luck to all that are still hunting!

RugerM77.270 12-03-2008 08:43 PM

I did the same thing last year. Took the pic then realized I didn't have the gun when it was too late.

RugerM77.270 12-06-2008 08:46 AM

Well team I got some inches 32 2/8''. Not what i wanted I was a little suprise when I walked up to this but I still have a chance on a Bama buck so I won't count him yet.

monster10rackstack 12-09-2008 08:26 AM

Well guys I'm still out there.....Didn't have a buck in range all of gun season.....it was the strangest thing......Muzzy season is here until the 23 so with hope I can get a nice one down.

mvisgak 12-11-2008 12:32 PM

Not only were there no bucks within range while we hunted, there weren't even any does in range. It sucked. Muzzleloading is at the end of the month, so maybe then...

grayhunter18 12-25-2008 05:12 PM

Hey folks,
Lost a lot of hunting time this season. Found out my wife don't like me anymore so getting the big D. Finally got done with school. Hopefully will get to be in the woods a fair amount until the 1st. If not I apologize for the big zero. Lost the chance to go to Iova when the B decided she wanted a divorce so it will only be a Georia deer if I get one. Changed my trip to Missouri next year. Wish me luck in the woods and in life.

PYbuckhunter 01-04-2009 06:20 AM

Gray....That sucks!..Don't let it get you down. I wish you and everyone else a happy and prosperous New Year!
My season is over.
Sorry I couldn't contribute. Never pulled the trigger, passed on 9 bucks. Hopefully a few of them are around next year.

grayhunter18 01-05-2009 07:28 PM

Still haven't pulled the trigger. May be able to get something this weekend final weekend in southern zone of Georgia. Hope he comes by if not I will try to tag some meat and a few points. Do all does count or do we only get credit for one. In Georgia we can harvest up to 12. That could be some major points over the last week.

RugerM77.270 01-06-2009 01:56 PM

Just your first doe counts. Hope you put down a big one.