HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   Official Team 11 checkstop! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/261483-official-team-11-checkstop.html)

Theinespines3 10-08-2008 07:56 PM

RE: Official Team 11 checkstop!

Nice buck...even though your not on my bow team!!!!!

I doe hunt next week and then its wait till nov. to hunt for bucks.....Found the spot though!!! Cant wait!

Pines

130woodman 10-08-2008 08:39 PM

Thanks and good luck too ya

ORIGINAL: Theinespines3

Nice buck...even though your not on my bow team!!!!!

I doe hunt next week and then its wait till nov. to hunt for bucks.....Found the spot though!!! Cant wait!

Pines

bryant1 10-13-2008 09:00 AM

Here are the bucks i have taken during archery season, but hopefully I will get a bigger one during general gun season while running dogs.

130woodman 10-13-2008 12:17 PM

Congrat's on the buck.

Karlos29 10-13-2008 11:39 PM

Hello Everyone From Las Vegas, NV I will be down at my families ranch in the Hill Country of Texas. A two hour trip from San Antonio, Texas.

Team is
Carlos I. JR.
Carlos I. III
Cris I.
Rudy I.

Will keep you posted with pictures, white tail deer watch out..

wykoffwonder 10-18-2008 12:34 PM

Hello everyone

I am back from elk hunting in CO. We had a great time and I got some meat in the freezer. A cow, but it will work. I pasted on a small 5X5 we'll let him grow up a few years so someone has a chance at a true trophy. Remember pass on the young ones and shot the old ones, butlet the kids kill what ever comes in.

Theinespines3 10-21-2008 06:14 PM

Well i was out hunting with the Winchester model 94 .44 mag.......Got a doe it was does only this past weekend.

She came out about 100 yards....open sights and took her double lung. She is a small one, but thats cool with me. Some tender meat and still room in the deep freeze.

Buck hunt will be in mid november.

Kepp up the good work yall
Pines

bryant1 10-22-2008 12:52 PM

Last Fridayi saw a nice buck and another smaller buck running does about 100 yds from my stand.I alsokilled 2 more bucks this past saturday, a 4pt and a 5pt. Then again on Sunday afternoon I let a 4 pt walk and i missed a nice 8 pt(that i think was the bigger buck i saw running a doe friday). I was just over confident and cut some belly hair and he walked off about 40 yds and looked back like nothing was wrong. As soon as the does came back, he soon followed although he never got broadside again. I would guess he would score somewhere in the low 100s, and my dad saw another buck on our private land that will also score in the 110s, not bad for FLorida really..

I start muzzleloader season Friday afternoon and i have off some next week, so i should be able to at least put us on the board quickly;)

wykoffwonder 10-23-2008 03:20 PM

Congrat Bryant1

How many deer can you guys shot? Are there any 160 to 180 inch deer every taken?

bryant1 10-24-2008 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: wykoffwonder

Congrat Bryant1

How many deer can you guys shot? Are there any 160 to 180 inch deer every taken?
2 deer a day is the only limit/no tags.

Very few deer are ever taken in Florida that score 160, unless they are in a high fence. My dad killed a 135 last year, but most of the time our 'bigger' bucksscore in the low 100s. We hunt inlarge hunting clubs that are closer to public land than actual hunting clubs, and anything club legal(2 pts on 1 side) gets shot. We kill alot of deer, but 99% of us are meat hunters. I might not be a high scorer, but i am consistently taking bucks during the deer season. Muzzleloader season started today on public land and me and a friend of mine are hunting this afternoon to get in ahunt before the private land opening daytomorrow. good luck everybody