Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest
 "Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread >

"Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread

"Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 1 check in

Saturday is looking to be pretty good in my part of Indiana. Cold front is moving through Saturday morning and the temperature will be around 40 with a chance of snow flurries. Sounds like perfect deer hunting weather to me.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Fork Horn

Great jobmcraddockon your 8-pointer. My early bow season ended yesterday with no more deer taken. Had a couple of shooter bucks at 50-60 yards but nothing closer except spikes, 6-pointers and tons of does. Guns are sighted in and I'm ready for the Wisconsin season which starts in 8 days.

The excitement of opening weekend is the best time of the year, more anticipated than Christmas for me. With my son now off to college, our opener will be a good time to catch up so I'm pumped. It helps that the neighbors have reported a 14 pointer crossing onto my property though I've only gotten a couple of tens and 4-5 8's on the trail cameras.

Good luck to all Team 1 mates, especially those opening their season this coming weekend.

Gerry
Old 11-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday was my 9 year old son's second onpening day. He killed a doe last year and this year he killed a doe and a five pointer. Two shots two deer down. All I have is cell phone pictures until someone sends me the pictures that they took. Good luck team 1
Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got a 10 point down guys. I think he'll score in the 110" to 115" range. I'll get him scored tomorrow, and hopefully have the rest of the pictures by the end of the week. I'm not sure about the pictures though, it may be a while.
Here's the link
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3174392
Old 11-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I shot a nice 8 pointer Sat. afternoon. He is not a monster, but he has a near perfect rack. He is a beautiful buck. He scored 112. I am going to attempt to get a picture up. I guess I will try Photo bucket. Everything else has failed. Congrats Rory and mcraddock on your bucks. When I try to put a photo on here, it says file is too large. What do I need to do? I feel Like an idiot right now.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

superstrutter, I have found photobucket to be the easiest. If you don't know how to use it, there's a tutorial in the technical forum on this website. Congrats on your buck!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here he is
Old 11-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just got done scoring my buck tonight. He comes in at 115 5/8".

Old 11-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

CONGRATs RORY on the great ten pointer. Now get out there and get a doe to add to your score.

I'm getting pumped up for the upcoming Wisconsin Deer gun season as I saw several shooters just out of bow range which I'll be dreaming about on the eve of opener. Opener is Saturday.

Remember to get your doe harvested with the picture of gun, hunter, doe, and tag if applicable for your state.

Continued good luck to all.
Gerry
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm hoping I'll be able to get out during the muzzleloader season here, the antlerless season, and the second youth season. I think I'll be able to add 25 more points to our score

Quick Reply: "Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.