Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest
 "Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread >

"Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread

"Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 1 check in

Went bow hunting this weekend and saw two bucks. One was a 6 pointer I had been seeing for a while now. The other one was a 5 pointer that was new to the area. There have beenrumors of a big 12 around the area but I have not seen hide nor hair of him so I am not holding my breath.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

i missed a doe sunday
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

Archery season was good to me. Shot a nice 6 pt on a draw hunt at a state park with my dad. Passed on another nice 6 pointer while muzzleloader hunting yesterday. Waiting for his big brother to come by...

Rifle season opens today in my county....and I'm at work. [&:]
Old 10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

well i finally got a doe last weekend
Old 10-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

but gun season doesnt start till the weekend b4 thanksgiving
Old 10-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I went bow hunting last weekend for the first time this fall and ended up droppingtwo does. Saw 14 the first night feeding out in the alfalfa field and then setup in the staging area the next night and had three family groups come by my stand between 5:30 and 6:00. Sure is nice butchering the deer without freezing the fingers.

Pulled the pictures off my trail cameras and have four different 8 pointers working the fringes of my hunting area. Only one is a true shooter but it's still moving at night. I'll be back out with the bow over Halloween and the start of the rut. The fun is about to begin.....
Old 10-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

TTT
This weekends the youth season here in Missouri, so I'll be able to get out with the smokepole. If we hunt one farm, I'm holding out for a good buck, but if we hunt the other farm, I'll shoot a doe to get a deer out of the way, and get some meat in the freezer. If not a doe, then I'll be waiting for a good buck there also.
When do you guys start?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed two does, one with bow and one with muzzleloader. My rifle season opened this past weekend. I have seen several young bucks, mostly spikes, but nothing worthy of shooting. The older bucks should be a little more active in the next couple of weeks. November is the hot month. Good luck guys.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went hunting yesterday evening (Wed.) and killed a 6 point. I thought he was an 8, but he had no brow tines. He was a good sized deer, but the rack wasn't huge. I probably won't even score him for the contest unless I don't kill something larger. I'm having problems posting pics on this site for some reason, so I'll keep trying.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

that sucks ive a had that happen b4 congrats on the 6 man

Quick Reply: "Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.