HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 - 2009 Firearm Deer Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest-99/)
-   -   "Thats not legal?"(1) Official Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-2009-firearm-deer-contest/261421-thats-not-legal-1-official-thread.html)

Allen Denton 11-24-2008 08:05 AM

RE: Team 1 check in

We were almost off the page so I bumped us up!! A lot more time for me to score, I hope to have a buck and a doe for the team. Good luck all

Rory/MO 11-24-2008 08:25 AM

I was thinking the same thing Allen. Hopefully I can score another 25 points for our team with a doe this weekend. BTW I entered my buck yesterday.

superstrutter 11-24-2008 02:48 PM

Guys, I killed a 10 pointer this past Saturday morning. The bucks were really active that day. I saw5 bucks chasing does, including mine, a 6 pointanda big 8 point. The 8 point was actually larger than my 10, but I had already shot the 10 point when I saw him. I'm tagged out onbucksfor the year. That makes a 6 point, an 8 point, and the 10 point. I am going to do a little guiding and duck hunting now. I'll probably register my 8 point for the contest. It actually scored higher than the 10. I've taken a couple of does, so I guess I will register the one I killed with the muzzleloader. Am I able to do that? Good luck to all of you.

Rory/MO 11-24-2008 05:00 PM

Way to go strutter! I've been duck hunting a lot since I killed my buck, man is that fun. Pretty soon it'll be back to the bow stand though.

W9ARcher 12-01-2008 08:46 PM

WI gun season is now over and my only harvest was 4 does this year. Passed on 7 different bucks but none were outside the ears so I let them grow.

Saw one shooter running directly away from me while on a drive, a beautiful 10 pointer. Couldn't pull off a cleanshot. My Uncle was able to seal the deal when he nailed the 10 pointer as it almost ran him over. His best WI buck in58 years of hunting.

I'll post one of the doe pictures to claim 25 points for Team 1.

Good luck to the rest of Team 1.

Allen Denton 12-02-2008 07:51 AM

Way to go superstrutter!! We are in the middle of this now, I will for sure get a doe this year and hope to add much more with a buck, I will talk at you all later, good luck team 1.

Rory/MO 12-02-2008 09:58 AM

Nice archer, we can use all the points we can get:D
Congrats

mcraddock 12-06-2008 04:35 AM

Season doesn't end for us until Jan. 1 , so I'm going to go ahead and fill my one my doe tags and claim some points for our team. Still hoping to get a bigger buck than my 8pt.

Rory/MO 12-07-2008 02:16 PM

Hey guys, I don't think I'm gonna be getting out this year with a gun again. I bowkilled a doe this morning.

Rory/MO 12-10-2008 09:37 AM

Man our thread's dead. How's everyone been doing? Any more points for the team?

gtownbuckbuster 12-10-2008 02:53 PM

hey guys sorry i havnt signed in lately but ive hit one nice buck and after 5 1/2 hrs of looking and the use of dogs nothing turned up so yea im a little down... i have yet to see a doe which is really unusual but i am hopin to get one this weekend

Allen Denton 12-11-2008 11:27 AM

I have not shot yet this year, my son has killed 3, 2 bucks and 1 doe. I will get on the board before too long. My stand yesterday was way too far to kill a doe and it took us 3 hours to get my son's 7 point out. I hope the pictures of his deer will be posted on the deer hunting forum later. I am soo proud of him, 9 years old and he has shot 6 times and killed 4 deer. He is very much in control and is even getting selective about the deer he is taking.

mcraddock 12-27-2008 08:21 AM

Hey guys. Just entered my doe kill for our team. I'm still hoping to score a bigger buck before Jan 1. We'll see...

mcraddock 01-03-2009 06:13 AM

Season is officially over for us.I just posted my 8 point from earlier this year. Anyone still hunting in our team?

Superstrutter, I sent you an email. Still need helpgetting a pic of yours entered?

It's been a pleasure hunting with this team. I'll be around til next seasonso stay in touch!

Allen Denton 01-03-2009 06:01 PM

Well, for the first time in 23 years I did not kill a deer and it was the best year ever!!! My son killed a doe and 2 bucks. It was awesome to see him be successful. Today was the last day of the season and I saw 2 fawns and a spike buck. I just knew that I would see a doe to kill and the season went by and I did not kill a deer. Congrats to all that did and I am sorry I did not contribute to the team.

gtownbuckbuster 01-06-2009 03:43 PM

i still have until the end of jan to kill one but i havent seen a doe or a decent buck this year... so hopefully i can still get somethin before feb. to contribute